Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Bricked Arlo Pro camera

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
DkYSwe
Guide
Guide
One of four cameras bricked after fw upgrade.
Is there any way to force fw upgrade , tried normal stuff like resetting base station etc. Camera shows blue blinking on power on but not responsive on sync button.
14 REPLIES 14
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DkYSwe wrote:
Camera shows blue blinking on power on but not responsive on sync button.

Slow blue blinking means the camera is trying to sync.  https://kb.arlo.com/642/What-do-the-different-LED-behaviors-on-my-Arlo-camera-mean

Have you tried pressing sync on the base when the camera is blinking?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try to sync it via the web access   ....   my.arlo.com

do it outside of the program.

Just pull battery for a few secs , reinstall

press the sync on base quickly ( don't hold )

as soon as the base led flashes ( right most ) press the camera sync button while within 3 ft

Slow blue flash to fast means it worked and should appear in prgm

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
TheAdamBush
Aspirant
Aspirant

Appear to be having the same issue as OP.  Ran the firmware update on the base station, now 1 out of 4 cameras will not sync and is completely unresponsive (save for a brief blue light after inserting the battery).  Camera is unresponsive to pressing the sync button (for any duration of time).

DkYSwe
Guide
Guide

Thanks but did't solve the issue.

Any way to verify the unit itself? Any diagnostic tool?

Is it possible to reflash the camera itself?

DkYSwe
Guide
Guide

@TheAdamBush  Exactly how my "faulty" camera misbehaves

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue with your camera?

DkYSwe
Guide
Guide

@ShayneS  Yes, I think it either broke badly or the FW upgrade killed it. 😞

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DkYSwe

Can you try and sync the camera with the power cable inserted? possibly try removing the battery and try with the power cable only as well. 

TheAdamBush
Aspirant
Aspirant

@DkYSwe seems like it must be software issue as opposed to something wrong with the hardware.  If your case is like mine, the camera was working prior to the firmware update - then, post update, was not working.  There was no physical trauma to the camera of any sort.

TheAdamBush
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS I've tried this (removing battery and attempting to power on / sync with just the charging cable plugged in) but got the same result:  Blue light briefly turns on - then camera is unresponsive to sync button.

Unrelated (probably), the battery still charges in the camera, as I'm able to swap the batteries between my 4 cameras with no issues.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@TheAdamBush

Have you tried factory resetting the camera by pressing and holing the sync button for 15 sec?

J_M_L
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. I have a Pro model# VMC4030 that has stopped communicating. I removed it via the app but now the sync button is non-responsive, so it will not reset or sync back to the system. Strangely my three other cameras are unaffected.

DkYSwe
Guide
Guide
@TheAdamBush Correct , it seems in old threads a lot of others users have the same experience….
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not really a lot but there have been a number of issues like this. If the sync button doesn't provide the proper slow blinking blue LED, it very much sounds like a faulty camera. You can invoke your warranty as long as you're within that period.