Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bought the Pro mainly to have the ability to speak through the camera when someone's at my front door the sound out of the Pro can barely be heard I would say you have to be two feet away to be able to hear. a
Anyone experience this?

159 REPLIES 159
Cajun1985
Tutor
Tutor
They have no fix that I am aware of. Customer support tells you that the recent update will fix it and it does not work. They told me that it was faulty arlo system that I bought so I returned them and bought another one and still same issue. That's what happens when items get out in the market without testing them properly first.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The is of a computer allows you to hear and be heard well. The limitations​ of mobile devices and OSes are making the same volumes problematic. I believe it's gotten better over time e but still isn't the same as on a computer. Until a way to increase mic gain on a mobile device is inserted into the hardware and/or OS it's a problem that has many facets.

If you mean the recent iOS app issues, that's fixable via an updated app.
Cajun1985
Tutor
Tutor
I know your defending your product but I have iOS app and updated and has still not fixed problem.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
It's certainly not my product. I'm an owner/user like you. As TomMac says, I work for t-shirts.

I didn't say the current iOS app fixes the problem. I did say that an app update is what will be needed.
JeanS
Aspirant
Aspirant
I returned my arlo pro cameras today because of the low audio. My neighbors work great on the audio.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS app that resolves this issue is now available. Please make sure you update to the latest version from the App Store. See here for details: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.1 - 24th May 2017

JamesC

Venicemilan
Guide
Guide

Still weak audio on Android - When will the Android app be updated to fix the problem as you've done with the iOS version?

Venicemilan
Guide
Guide

Hey James, when will the Android update address the audio too? 

JustinC4
Tutor
Tutor
The speakers are completely inaudible. This is a $600 system and you can't even get speakers right? Come on... To say nothing of the poor video quality and poor mount design (a different lack of 4 proper mounts... And the ability for someone to just come steal them.) I expect more for $600
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download from the Play Store. Please be sure to download and install the latest version.

JamesC

JustinC4
Tutor
Tutor
I have the latest version. The camera speakers still suck regardless of what version of the app I have on my phone. The video quality sucks too. "720p crystal clear video"? Hardly. My phone from 2009 takes better video than this "Pro" camera set. So in all this is a very disappointing set and is likely going to be shipped back to you on a returns pallet while I get my money back from the retailer.
Venicemilan
Guide
Guide
Downloaded latest Arlo app from play store. Still poor/weak audio. S8 plus. 😞
rshackle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im a new Arlo Pro user. I use a Samsung Chromebook Pro and Samsung S6 phone. Neither has adequate speaker or microphone volume. Since this is a new purchase, I have loaded the latest firmware. This is a major investment so I'd like to hear what the tech people have identified as the cause. I realize a solution has not been released yet; but I would hope you folks would at least know the cause of the problem. This isn't a "user" problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't speak for the Chromebook but the issue is the inability to increase the gain on a phone.  Use of a computer usually fixes that - check the Chromebook settings to increase the gain (maybe a checkbox).  Since the 'book is basically a large Android tablet, it may not have that setting just as the phone doesn't.  It's a hardware limitation that you can't do anything about.

JustinC4
Tutor
Tutor
False. If it were a hardware limitation then nobody could hear me on any other app that uses the microphone or phone calls. This is purely Netgear's fault. I'm returning this $600 piece of junk system.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
False. The hardware limitation is a combination of what's available in the phone as well as the camera.
JustinC4
Tutor
Tutor
Support also told me that my phone is at fault for the video being crappy. My cable upload is at 10Mbps and my phone has a 1440p screen with 535ppi. It ain't my phone. That's a cop-out when it's an inferior product at a superior price point.
TJhook
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just bought new, have current firmware and app - have Low Sound on camera speaker issue. Paid 2x to get the PRO so I would be able to speak to visitors. Pls Fix !!!!!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Check all of your device settings and be sure the volume is turned up. If you're still experiencing issues, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Venicemilan
Guide
Guide

Still very poor audio volume with Android (S8+/HTC/S7+/PIXEL). After following the Moderator's adivce - contacted customer support - THEY DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS AN ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!! Never heard of it.

Well - I'm bored and exasperated now, trying to fix a £1200 camera system from such a large company. VERY POOR SHOW - SHAME ON YOU. I'm taking my system back today as last day I can get refund for defective goods.

Come on Netgear - Pull your socks up

Iseeyou123
Tutor
Tutor
My speakers can hardly be heard , what updates do I need & where do I get them ?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Iseeyou123,

Firmware updates should all complete automatically.

If you're still experiencing an issue with volume after exhausting the troubleshooting steps above, I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

mmaldona
Aspirant
Aspirant

I jus installed my system and I'm also having issues with the audio. This MUST be fixed guys! This is a good system, but it loosing it's reputation just because Netgear cannot get their act together. If this issue does not get fixed, I will also return the system and go to something else.

Iseeyou123
Tutor
Tutor
I feel that Arlo pro is still in the Reasurch & development faze & had no business putting this product on the shelf for sale - Please refund my money! Your product does not function as advertised & never has. I would have called customer service, but I'm not sure you even have customer service
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are still experiencing this issue after checking your device settings to make sure there are no volume issues, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC