Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro weak audio

Discussion stats
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bought the Pro mainly to have the ability to speak through the camera when someone's at my front door the sound out of the Pro can barely be heard I would say you have to be two feet away to be able to hear. a
Anyone experience this?

159 REPLIES 159
Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant
Talked support today they told me they are aware of the problem and are working on it.They are hopefully for a fast update ,they took my phone # and will call me as soon as updates are ready . I do not think they will let this sip by I feel good that update will come.
supercakio
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ran into the same issue as reported. I'm not sure if I want to wait until they fix it because it may be after the 15 day return period at Best Buy
Hemicon
Guide
Guide
Well I posted in another thread but I can post here. My wife and I both have Android phones (she has a GS5 with 6.0.1 and I have a Nexus 6P with 7.0). On her phone, she gets the mic icon to become solid and is able to speak and I can hear her loud enough. With my phone, I get the same issue as mentioned here which is barely audible when it works. I first have to get the mic icon to solidify and the "please wait" message to go away before I can even speak. Hers works pretty much all the time and mine doesn't work 9 times out of 10.

It's a really nice product an I'd hate to return it. JamesC seems to work for Netgear and he's has contacted me and others through the threads started here telling us that he has escalated these issues. I'm willing to wait it out and see what the outcome is but will also expect a full refund if the issue isn't resolved.
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have a 4 camera regular Arlo it would be nice to see an announcement from Netgear themselves about a fix rather then this forum/message board. I'm playing it safe and returning mine if the fix isn't pushed out before my return period ends.

Being an Arlo user for over a year I have faith they will but having to fork out over 500 bucks to hear a fix is coming and if it doesn't I'm stuck with two Arlo systems that are basically the same. Good Boy Arlo don't let us down!
K-one
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo Pro...👎🏼👎🏼 I exchanged the regular Arlo system for the pro because of the two way speaker. My cameras are up about 7 ft and I can't even scare the birds that land next to them. The Ring has way better sound that these cameras.. What happend Arlo!??
K-one
Tutor
Tutor
Let's hope so I have 12 days left to return it to Best Buy clock is ticking.....
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'm sure it will be fixed - just don't know how fast.

Bob_1963
Guide
Guide

Any chance that Netgear will offer a refund for the cameras if a fix is not found with in a reasonable time frame. I am giving Netgear the benefit of the doubt and will keep the system beyond the 14 day return period, risky on my part but i feel this will be resolved.

Bob

Timbergoat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Tested our new pro last night we have same issue. With ARLO app from googlestore, the mic button would appear on my tablet.

The push to talk button did indeed work, however, my wife outside standing by the camera could barely hear it. She said she could hear me in the house louder even with door shut.

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

I feel if we are all to call support and complain we may get things rolling a lot faster . I have gave a call already. The #  408-638-3750 .Give it a try we have to talk up get get them to notice us with are problem

prof57
Guide
Guide

Same problem here. Audio is too low. You can hardly hear the camera inside the house with nothing else on.

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was wondering if the arlo Q is having the same issue . Does anyone know . It would be interesting because if they are only having this problem with the pro maybe they should have us return the pro and give us a choose the have the Q with no cost to us . Q camera owners please let us know so we can contact Netgear .

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

this is very good information ,maybe you should inform support on that 408-638-3750

Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
I would say the Pro is 20 to 30 percent of what the Q puts out.... I have all three of them Arlo,Arlo Pro and Arl Q
Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

so you are saying that the Q have better audio than the pro ,so maybe I should switch over to Q ,but I do like the pro . Hopefully support will come up with a fix

Psaras
Apprentice
Apprentice

Trucha wrote:
I would say the Pro is 20 to 30 percent of what the Q puts out.... I have all three of them Arlo,Arlo Pro and Arl Q

That is very interesting. I am going to grab a Q to test at my local BB as it can be returned.

If it does not have 100% unacceptably low audibility on the same client devices, than it is not as implied our client  devices or something to do with noise canceling on iPhone, but will indicates a problem specific to the Arlo Pro and not any of our client devices

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

I still feel if a lot of us were to call in it would push the situation more. Companies do not like negative situation on new products. I feel it would push them more to fix the audio problem ,

. I have talked to support and they seem to be very helpful and I feel they want it taken care of also . So let us all give a call and push the buttons

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue volume push to talk speaker camera is very low even the speaker volume is set to 100%
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice

Urbangeek
Aspirant
Aspirant
So it seems that's is an issue with the mobile app (Nexus 6P with Nougat installed) as I tested from my laptop (Surface Pro4) and if definitely was more audible. Same low audio issue with a Nexus 6, Samsung Tab 8s, and an old galaxy note 2.
Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

Let see I am rying to understand this. If it is a mobil app why has Netgear informed us . I have apple 5s and 6 plus and it does the same in both ,low audio . It seem that they should adress the issue

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know one thing windows 10 with edge is not capible with its audio. when i try audio ,on edge site it tells me to use firefox or chrome . I am going to download firefox and give it a try

Urbangeek
Aspirant
Aspirant
@Norm547, yeah i used chrome.
Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

does chrome audio have a good sound or weak sound

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Chrome on W10 works fine for sound volume as long as you have sufficient mic gain.  Works fine for the Q, too.