Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bought the Pro mainly to have the ability to speak through the camera when someone's at my front door the sound out of the Pro can barely be heard I would say you have to be two feet away to be able to hear. a
Anyone experience this?

159 REPLIES 159
Zandex
Guide
Guide

I went back to the testing lab. On my Windows 10 PC using Firefox, I was able to use the audio with the Arlo Pro. The sound did come through the speaker much louder than on the iPad and Android phones. I suspect that the issue is more of mobile app and firmware.

Mobile app - There appears to be inconsistency and problems using audio feature with majority of the smartphones and tablet.

Firmware - while the sound is much louder, it does break up every now and then.

Overall, it does appear to be more of software related issues (firmware and apps) that needs some attention from the company.

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just had a live chat with support and they told me there appears to be an update sometime next week . That looks good .Hopefully the will do it

SeaVee
Tutor
Tutor

Glad to hear there is supposed to be an update but I'm returning mine this evening at Best Buy when I get back from work.

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

sorry to hear you are returning your Pro. Hope everything goes well for you. For me I am hanging in there .

Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
I tested mine yesterday and seems like there has been an increase in the speaker volume. Can anyone confirm?
Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I have not tested mine yet. Glad to hear that someone has seen some impovement . I will test mine later . Hopefully the is the begining of the fix

prof57
Guide
Guide

Was there a fix issued? The audio in all of my cameras is basically inaudible.

Trucha wrote:
I tested mine yesterday and seems like there has been an increase in the speaker volume. Can anyone confirm?

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure I am just responing to .the last post . I was told that the fix has been discovered ,but up date will come sometime next week

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

That e mail came to me from someone at support ,I think ,by the Name JamesC

SeaVee
Tutor
Tutor

I returned mine yesterday.  Other than this 2-way audio issue I really liked the system.   If/when it is fixed and widely confirmed on the forums by users as being so, then maybe I'll purchase another set.

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi everybody Listen to this . I just got off the phone with support and they help me fix my low audio situation ,and it is all taken care of theu help me reset everything to were my audio is loud and clear . There was and up date and I receive an e mail so I called so now we are back in busness .

PesceTech
Aspirant
Aspirant

How do we get the update? what were the steps you followed?

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

I called support and they help me update and now my sound is great . So call them 408-638-3750 and hit number 2 option . good luck . A lot of people have returned theirs and if they would have hang on they would have had the fix taken care of . Ours sound is working great

Hemicon
Guide
Guide
Norm547, what OS platform are you on? Also do you have an issue with getting the mic icon to solidify so that you can speak? I get the "please wait" message and most times I am unable to connect.
supercakio
Aspirant
Aspirant
Apparently the the new firmware has been pushed to most devices, but there is no notification so how would you know? All you have to do is remove the camera in app( settings--my devices--camera name-- scroll down and select "remove." Then physically remove your camera from wherever you mounted it, place it close to the base station and sync it. That's all they had me do. Worked like a charm
Chrissegura
Tutor
Tutor
Super skip..Is it loud enough not for someone to hear you now?
RWEED
Apprentice
Apprentice

What version of firmware is on your camera's now?

supercakio
Aspirant
Aspirant
Firmware 1.089.0.1_9815
supercakio
Aspirant
Aspirant
A megaphone, it is not. But it is appreciably louder
Bob_1963
Guide
Guide

If this indeed fixed it would be nice of Netgear to post an official update or statement and the steps/ method to apply the fix.

Bob

prof57
Guide
Guide

This firmware version has been available for at least two weeks now but has not solved the low audio problem for me. I am using Iphone 6s and IOS 10.1.1

Bob_1963 wrote:

If this indeed fixed it would be nice of Netgear to post an official update or statement and the steps/ method to apply the fix.

Bob

RWEED
Apprentice
Apprentice

I can also confirm I have this firmware and speaker volume is improved.

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yea mine works great . I am not sure when Netgear had this fix, but I am glad it is taken care . My wife have tested it at different location am it was fine . I do not want to ask why just care that it is taken care and working

Psaras
Apprentice
Apprentice

prof57 wrote:

This firmware version has been available for at least two weeks now but has not solved the low audio problem for me. I am using Iphone 6s and IOS 10.1.1

Bob_1963 wrote:

Bob

yes I can confirm no improvement with meter. As far as support, if you bump up a tier they are syaing the firmware update is not related to sound issue and they are still working on that, and concentrating on the app -- which has not changed for a month

supercakio
Aspirant
Aspirant
Not sure why it works for some and not others. Maybe it wasn't properly resynced? I'm surprised tech support tier 2 would say the problem is not related to the firmware when it clearly resolved the issue for me and some others