Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro weak audio

Discussion stats
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice

Bought the Pro mainly to have the ability to speak through the camera when someone's at my front door the sound out of the Pro can barely be heard I would say you have to be two feet away to be able to hear. a
Anyone experience this?

159 REPLIES 159
Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know that  was never explain. I was on the phone three times and they always gave me an case # ,when I called back giving them that case # made everything run smooth . I feel my camera is taken care of and they gave me another case # if I had to call back

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

to add I feel everything was taken care ,with the fix, in a good manner. I can not complain , they did respone back to me via e mail.

Chrissegura
Tutor
Tutor
So I re synched my cameras last night saw an improvement but not enough to make me want to keep them. You have to be right under the camera to hear it. Most of my cameras are up about 8ft to 9ft up. Netgear needs to let people know if it's going to be even possible to get a significant improvement before people are out 100's of dollars. The ring stick up cameras are way louder than these .. what's up Arlo??
Ricci_R
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unboxed and set up my Pro 4 camera on Saturday. It loaded a bunch of firmware in the process and my audio was excellent from the start. No issues with the magnetic mounts keeping the cameras in place as well. So far so good.

Psaras
Apprentice
Apprentice

Norm547 wrote:

Let see I am rying to understand this. If it is a mobil app why has Netgear informed us . I have apple 5s and 6 plus and it does the same in both ,low audio . It seem that they should adress the issue

It is the app. We are waiting to see if they update it. The firmware change from four days ago had nothing to do with the audio issue. They have just started looking at the audio issue now and say it is a problem with the app.

I've tested audio out with a meter on several different platforms (mobile apps and web based app on PC) since the firmware. No change.

prof57
Guide
Guide
New iOS app update has definitely improved audio sound level on my cameras
Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I know ours i coming though great . That update did the trick

Hemicon
Guide
Guide
My sound has drastically improved and the frequency of being able to get the mic to actually work has also drastically improved as well.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A firmware update was released that should resolve the low speaker volume issue for Arlo Pro. Be sure you have the latest Arlo Pro camera firmware (1.089.0.1_9815) along with the latest Arlo mobile app versions installed.

JamesC

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes thank You My camera is working great . That update work perfect. I am now going to see if firmware is set at 1.089.0.1.9815

Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes Yes Yes great improvement Thanks to all involved Good Boy Arlo
Bob_1963
Guide
Guide

Thanks it works much better.

Bob

Dbain28
Star
Star
Anyone know when the new version 1.9 should download. And also would it fix the audio a problem regarding the arlo pro
Dbain28
Star
Star

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you go to your my arlo insettings update 1.089.0.1.9815 is ther to fix audio or if you are not sure call support and they will help you. They help me ..

Dbain28
Star
Star
1.8.19169. What ver is this and what the support number if I have to call
Dbain28
Star
Star
The arlo pro firmware is 109001945 its different then the firmware on the ISOApp. I'm I up to date????
Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

I called 408-638-3750  or 888-638-4327

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure I have apple ios 10 . the update firmware they gave me is 1.089.0.1.9815 call support to check for your system

Dbain28
Star
Star
What the firmware update for the ISO 10.1.1 on the arlo pro
Cajun1985
Tutor
Tutor
The newest update did not improve the speaker/mic issues when sound comes out of camera. Very low sound!! Arlo needs to go back to the drawing bord and come out with a new update that improves this problem. I have the newest firmware 1.090. Hardware H7. On my second arlo pro because they told me my other one was defective and still having same problems with my new one. I am using arlo app for iPhone 6s. Is anyone having same issue??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

1.090.0.0_9945 is the latest camera firmware - can't speak for iOS app version (check the firmware/release notes area here).

My Android app is the latest and still has the issue since the cameras are outdoors.  Indoor volume is fine.

Aries007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have exchanged it yesterday, made sure the firmware is updated and volumes up and still barely caN you hear it. I'm debating to go with another brand.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect a long-term fix will be in place but we have to wait for the app to be updated to support that.  Since the computer works fine, it's an app problem.

One thing you can do is to make sure you speak loudly and directly (~2 inches away) into the actual mic opening.  It can be cumbersome and isn't the way it should be but until a fix is applied, it's the best you can do.

WWLightning
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm a new user here.  I have 2 Pros and 3 non now.  Pros are running the ....9945 firmware.  I am having an issue with the speaker audio as well.  Pros are mounted about 6 feet from where someone would be listening.  When talking through the speaker, using my Android S6 edge or Note 5, the sound is low.  After looking through this thread and one other, I tried it with my laptop.  Sound is much better, not great but much more audible to get attention. 

App on phone is version 2.2.3_15049 released on 11/15/16.  

Are we still waiting on an update for the app?  OR, what is wrong on my end?

Thanks