Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tanbuck
Guide
Guide

Just installed Arlo Pro.  Microphone volume very low.  Can anyone give suggestions to fix?  Volume is set to max in settings.  Have tried from PC and IOS devices.  Thank you.

49 REPLIES 49
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It works fine with a browser so it's just an app issue.

ATTeng
Initiate
Initiate

Speaker volume extremely low on the camera itself. Quite a disapointment indeed. This was a major decision on the purchase.

Base firmware 1.8.2_9322

camera firmware1.089.0.0_9605

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: Engineering has identified the root cause of this issue. We are currently testing the fix internally and hope to have a release very soon that should resolve the issue.

Thank you for your patience during this process.

JamesC

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank You James for the update . I know you guys have to be as happy as all of us on this great news . Thank You Netgear for the help and support. I aiways felt that good companies will alwys be good to there products . THANKS AGAIN   Norm547

rschneid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Brand new.  Sound is very faint. Ver.2.2.1_14802.  Not only that but it won't stay connected to my new r8500 router which I purchased thinking Arlo support was native.  Signal is 100%.

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

Like I have been saying all a long ,call support and I found them very helpful . Trying take care of this youeself will only cause you to get upset and mad . Give ir a try ,CALL THEM

Psaras
Apprentice
Apprentice

James any update as to how long?

I am on

base firmware 1.8.2.1_9773

base hardware vmb4000r3

camera firmware 1.089.0.1_9815

camera hardware: H7

iOS app version 2.2.0

No change in tested dB wiht my meter. Support says latest firmware was not about the volume issue and they are still working on it. Is that correct?

Thanks!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Psaras,

Many users have reported that after installing the latest app versions they are no longer experiencing an issue. Are you still having an issue after having updated the app?

JamesC

Shadowboricua
Aspirant
Aspirant

The volume is definitely louder with the new update.

Aries007
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought mine last night and all 4 cameras microphone sound is extremely low too. Please include me on this fix if not I'm returning mine too and going with Nest.
rschneid
Aspirant
Aspirant

Shadowboricua wrote:

The volume is definitely louder with the new update.

Too late.  Went with Nest.

Aries007
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the most recent update and it has not fixed the volume on the microphone . 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just had new firmware last night and had a chance to test it today - last test was a couple of weeks ago.  I'd say the volume for outdoors is marginally better but not loud.

I'm seeing a problem in Chrome on W10 where the volume slider isn't displaying properly.  Firefox is fine as is the Android app.  Check your volume setting to be sure that it's not set low.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many users are reporting the issue has been resolved with the latest camera firmware version along with the latest app versions installed, see here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-weak-audio/td-p/1157949

Be sure your camera is up to date with the latest firmware version (1.090.0.0_9945 as of 11/17/2016) and be sure you have the latest available version of the Arlo mobile app from the app store.

If you are still having issues, Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

time
Initiate
Initiate

Just purchesed mine yesterday have the latest firmware and can not here unless camera is within 2 feet of you and very low. I checked the volume in the app shows 100%. It needs to get louder other wise 2 way talk does not work and that is the reson I purshed this itm.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

time,

This could be due to the output volume of the device you are using. Are you using a PC or a mobile app (if mobile app, which one and what device)? Do you see the same behavior on both?

JamesC

time
Initiate
Initiate

I am using a i Phone and IPad with the latest app on them. I found it is a little better when I hold the phone mic next to my mouth and talk load. Have not tried a PC only have macs here and have not tried that.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Use of the Mac is the same as for a Windows machine. Generically, it's just a tad easier to call them all PCs since they're Personal Computers.. The issue is being able to adjust the microphone gain which you can do on a computer but not on mobile devices.
wacoachrusso
Tutor
Tutor

I have 4 regular arlo cameras......just added this arlo pro......same issue as everyone else...low volume....updated to latest firmware when I hooked it up....tried it on both the iPad Pro, iPhone 7 and also a Samsung s8plus......all apps up to date......now someone tell me what the problem is?? I'm about ready to send all 5 and base station back.......I've tried online chat....waited 20 minutes...nobody showed up......tried calling the support number where after waiting on hold for 30 minutes I have up.........not sure what I'm dealing with here, but I sure am frustrated

BKGiff
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can anyone help? 2nd Arlo Pro connected and no audio when mic pushed says cannot connect
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

App or browser?  Have you tried both?  For the app, try reinstalling and be sure to accept all permission requests.

wacoachrusso
Tutor
Tutor

Was on the app because when I tried the browser it just went to the page that told me to download the app. It's just crazy that on my my wife's phone and iPad, and my phone and iPad that all the apps would be wrong? I'll give it a shot though. Thanks

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Use a computer browser or set the mobile browser to use the desktop version in the browser's menu.
Jwize4206
Aspirant
Aspirant
SAME ISSUE HERE. You can barely hear the speaker on the camera at all, even indoors.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

wacoachrusso, BKGiff, Jwize4206

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC