Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro microphone volume low

Discussion stats
Tanbuck
Guide
Guide

Just installed Arlo Pro.  Microphone volume very low.  Can anyone give suggestions to fix?  Volume is set to max in settings.  Have tried from PC and IOS devices.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Many users are reporting the issue has been resolved with the latest camera firmware version along with the latest app versions installed, see here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-weak-audio/td-p/1157949

Be sure your camera is up to date with the latest firmware version (1.090.0.0_9945 as of 11/17/2016) and be sure you have the latest available version of the Arlo mobile app from the app store.

If you are still having issues, Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

View solution in original post

49 REPLIES 49
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mic on the camera so you can hear the person or mic on your device so you can talk to them?  I've found the camera mic to be very sensitive so I'd guess you mean the ability to speak so the person can hear you (speaker on the camera) which may be an issue with your devices (or not).

Tanbuck
Guide
Guide
Yes the ability to speak so the person near the camera can hear me.
The volume is incredibly low on all four cameras. I can hear sound fine on the video and watching live but if I try to communicate from my device to the person near the camera the volume is low.
RWEED
Apprentice
Apprentice

All 4 of mine are also very quiet when using the microphone to speak.

RWEED
Apprentice
Apprentice

The speaker itself on the camera is quiet is what i mean. Volume is all the way up. Ive tried from different devices as well. Andriod, Windows.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Just tried both my Q and a Pro with the same results - the Pro is very low.  Might be ok for indoors but outdoors with any background noise it gets lost.

Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same results here Pro about 6 feet away from front door and visitors can't hear me which was one main reason for the upgrade using Note 4 and Apple phone
TechyFred
Guide
Guide
Hi All, I tried 2 of my cameras and experienced the same issue. The speaker volume on the Arlo is so low.. there's no way someone outside can hear you, I was inside and almost had to have it on my ear. The setting of the device is at highest volume level.
Trucha
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yup I agree main reason I upgraded I would hate to return it for this reason can anyone on this forum escalate this issue or provide any guidance to get my Good Boy Arlo fixed?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you open a case with support?  The only way to actually escalate the issue is with a case - when lots of people say the same thing, it gets attention.

Tanbuck
Guide
Guide
Just spent a long chat session with support but to no avail. They are turning over to another department to see if it can be addressed in a firmware update but it is possibly something that will not be fixed. They have cited device limitations. Very unfortunate.
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Ok, I just tested mine with my son and he said he can hear me fine and clear while at the door.  He stepped back approximately 12' where my gate is at and he was still able to hear me clearly.

I am currently using an Android S7 Active.

1477256426263.jpg

-Robert
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What firmware?

RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Android 6.0.1

-Robert
Tanbuck
Guide
Guide
What firmware?
Tanbuck
Guide
Guide
Base is 1.8.2_9322 and cameras are on 1.088.0.0.0_9373
RobertRosal
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Tanbuck wrote:
Base is 1.8.2_9322 and cameras are on 1.088.0.0.0_9373

Mine are the same.

-Robert
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mkjne, too. Dunno what that may mean.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you all for the feedback, I have escalated this topic for further investigation. I will post back when I have more information.

JamesC

Zandex
Guide
Guide

@RobertRosal Where did you buy yours? Do you have the 4 camera bundle?

I just opened a case with Netgear, but the call was taken by their call center. No way to speak with real tech support people. It does not appear that they have that type of arrangement where a customer can speak with someone technical.

Anyway, I'm planning to return mine to the store during this week. Still having issues with all four cameras, unable to hear through the speaker without standing directly beside/under them.

Not entirely sure if there is a batch defective or what. However, I'm not a happy camper now.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware of an issue with audio on the Arlo Pro and are currently working hard toward implementing a fix as soon as possible. I will keep you updated with any new information I receive on this topic.

JamesC

Norm547
Aspirant
Aspirant

Try calling 408-638-3750 and select #2 option to speak to support . I was able to talk to someone  . they are aware of the problem . They took my phone # and e mail address

zrxrex
Aspirant
Aspirant

All four of my cameras are having the low volume issue and yes they are turned up to 100%. It's pretty bad Arlo would launch this product when the feature doesn't hardly work . If the issue isn't resolved soon I'm going to return the cameras. 

TechyFred
Guide
Guide
Hoping it's just a software issue that gets resolved soon especially with the price we pay for these devices. Phone to Arlo speech is a nice feature but not enough for me to run back to the store and return it.. the only real use case is in the front door camera
Shadowboricua
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here. Speaker on cameras very low. No one can hear me. Very dissapointed! My wife is dissapointed too and asking for me to reutrn them since this feature was one she was very interested on. I will wait a week or so to see if this issue gets fixed by then.