Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
Raymaker
Guide
Guide
My Arlo Pro keeps arming itself without me changing mode this started about 2 days ago, I do not have any Ifttt or Life360 triggers running as i have turned them off and they are not showing any logs of activations but the Arlo Pro still rearms without requesting the app mode to be armed (the posting is requiring me to select a label but only gives me choices that are not relevant so please ignore the ifttt label)
36 REPLIES 36
Raymaker
Guide
Guide
This issue started after the firmware update, it’s happening less for me but still occurs randomly on occasions
Heber001
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had to turn off my Arlo Pro base as it was re-arming itself frequently and alarming with every movement and sound in the house I am now without a security system which is unacceptable. What is the time frame for a fix?
STL_303
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here as well. 
1 base station, 5 cameras, no IFTTT in use or geofencing.. just plain arm/disarm.
System continually re-arms itself after 10-15 minutes or so.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is actively investigating reports of this issue. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you have this problem, please take the time to report it to support and get a ticket open. Two different agents have told me that no one has reported this, and they seem to totally disregard this thread when I point it out. 

El_Peruviano
Aspirant
Aspirant

So having been away on vacation the past week, I'm now noticing that my base station no longer appears to be re-arming itself.  Haven't done any intense testing, but it's currently been disarmed for over an hour without re-arming itself.  I don't know what firmware version I was running prior but right now it says I'm running 1.10.0.8_22190.

Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having no such luck. My arlo just armed itself. I'm running the same firmware. 

El_Peruviano
Aspirant
Aspirant

That sucks.  The ONLY thing I modified recently was that I noticed the timezone was wrong, so I set it to my correct timezone.  Outside of that, I haven't changed a thing.

I'm certainly going to keep an eye out to see if things keep working though.

Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you know if there has been any motion in front of your camera while it was disarmed? I believe my auto-arming problems happen when motion is detected. 

Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine just armed itself again, without any motion.

Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still having this problem, and Netgear support has basically cut me off. They opened a ticket for me 3 weeks ago, but I have heard absolutely no response. I have learned in this process how horrendous Netgear support is. I should have anticipated this considering they have a free tier. 

The cameras are basically wortheless to me, a parent of three small children who play outside all the time. I am unable to disarm the cameras, and so they are drained every couple of weeks. I don't have the stamina to charge them so often. 

Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was given the field test of the new firmware mentioned in the battery drain thread. I am happy to report that the auto-arm bug seems to have been fixed in this firmware. I performed a factory reset of the base station and installed the new firmware on the base station and the cameras. It has been a few days and my cameras are staying dis-armed when I dis-arm.

I am relieved more than anything. Though, this delay of 4 months in fixing a horrible bug as really caused me to reconsider whether to further invest in the cameras. I am taking a look at the Eufy Camera that just went through a kickstarter.