Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

We Noticed you Canceled your Arlo Smart Plan: Confusing email alert from Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
ByeArlo
Star
Star

Hi everyone, not an Arlo product question - instead, a customer service-related inquiry I'm forced to ask the community for assistance, since this company arrogantly refuses to make itself helpful - amazing that you can't email customer support, call after 90 days or even get a functioning chat window going!

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 7.22.30 PM.pngToday I received an email with an all-caps warning: "WE NOTICED YOU CANCELED YOUR ARLO SMART PLAN." (See attached screenshot.)

I *never* had an Arlo Smart Plan! I'm now afraid this company is running the Silicon Scam Valley playbook and making unauthorized charges to my credit card. As I said, I'd love to discuss this with a customer service rep, but that seems to be an impossible option.

Anyone else get this same email?

5 REPLIES 5
Pilotguy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just got an email from Arlo saying “We noticed you cancelled your Arlo smart plan” which I didn’t do so the email is a lie.   In the body of the email it gives me the option of paying $2.99 per month for Basic Service (7 day storage) that is free and the reason I picked my Arlo camera.    What gives?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Smart starts at $2.99 a month, Basic is free with out chage for 7 days rolling storage.

Nothing changed

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/landing/arlosmart/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ByeArlo,

No charges should be made to your credit card unless you've set up a subscription plan. Did you at any point have the Arlo Smart Trial on your account?

Update: Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we're currently investigating an issue that has caused some users to receive invalid subscription emails. The development team is working to resolve this issue.

JamesC

CAB321
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also received the above email, and I never signed up for any trial membership.

Additionally, I am constantly getting emails from ARLO telling me to verify my email and thanking me for registering when I've registered over a year ago.

It concerns me because I immediately think it's perhaps unusual activity.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CAB321,

I understand the concern, we're working to resolve the issue currently. These emails are safe to disregard until we've corrected the issue.

JamesC