Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 36 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
Raymaker
Guide
Guide
My Arlo Pro keeps arming itself without me changing mode this started about 2 days ago, I do not have any Ifttt or Life360 triggers running as i have turned them off and they are not showing any logs of activations but the Arlo Pro still rearms without requesting the app mode to be armed (the posting is requiring me to select a label but only gives me choices that are not relevant so please ignore the ifttt label)
36 REPLIES 36
Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having this same issue. It is very annoying. When I disarm, it seems to stick for only 15 minutes or so before it auto arms itself. What is going on.
lcravens
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue for the last 3 days. You disarm it and then about 15 min later it arms again. Thought it was geofencing but have manually disabled it and it will go back to an armed status later.
El_Peruviano
Aspirant
Aspirant
Count me in on having this issue too! Highly annoying.
Raymaker
Guide
Guide
I’m guessing this was a netgear server issue as it now works again after a week of not working and I haven’t changed anything, more testing of your server and Arlo hub latency and commits of transaction integrity.
dajesse1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am still having this problem

lcravens
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm still having this problem too. It quit for a day and I went back to geofencing. After I returned home and the system switched itself to home mode it armed itself again and continues to do so every 15 minutes or so in manual mode after I disarm it again.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider a base station reboot and see if you still continue to experience this behavior.

Are you using anything special (custom modes, schedule, geofencing etc.) or simply the default "Armed" and "Disarmed" modes?

JamesC

Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

James, I turned off my base station for several hours, and started it up again. The problem persists. 

Does it make a difference that I am arming and disarming using an IFTTT button? It shouldn't, as Netgear advertises that IFTTT is fully supported. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Spar6,

There could be an issue with the IFTTT applet that is causing a conflict, test without using IFTTT to see if you experience a different behavior.

JamesC

lcravens
Aspirant
Aspirant
Still arming itself 10 days later from my last post.. I don't use IFTTT. I've reset my base station. It will geofence and disarm for about 15 minutes then arm again even though a device or devices are showing in range. If I manually choose disarm or toggle it back off and then on to geofence it will stay disarmed for 15 min then arm again. Basically any setting will default back to armed after a little time.
Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried resetting and disabling IFTTT. That does not fix the problem. I also try disarming using the webpage, or the Android app. In both situations, the cameras automatically arm themselves after 15 minutes every time, without fail.

El_Peruviano
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok,  I've now spoken to support (chat) and they've created a ticket for me concerning this issue.  If others are having this issue as well, (and some of you are, you've admitted it! haha) they suggested you open an issue with support as well.  The support rep I chatted with said there were no other issues for this that they were aware of.  The more people that report this issue, the more importance they can put on this.

I referenced this thread as well (they had no knowledge of it), I'd suggest you do the same.  

Hope this helps others out and leads towards a fix!

Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am very frustrated. Netgear is giving me useless suggestions of rebootin, factory resets, and custom modes. Also, they deny that anyone has ever reported this problem, contradicting what El_Peruviano just said. The tech support agent denied this even though I sent a link to this forum thread. 

Here is my frustrating chat log from today (Anne M is the agent):

There are many other users that have the same problem. See here: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Pro-keeps-arming-itself-automatically/m-p/1602328#M24...

10:17:43 AM
Anne M

Let me check.

10:19:54 AM

Please hold on, I am verifying the information if we have any reported issues regarding this.

10:23:18 AM

Hi, Rob. Thanks for the time.

10:25:14 AM

We actually do not have any known issues reported related to this case.

10:25:36 AM
Me

But what about the link I just sent you?

10:25:48 AM

Someone has a ticket filed

10:25:54 AM
Anne M

Do you have someone who has access to the Arlo account as a friend one?

10:26:04 AM
Me

This question was asked last time. No, there is no one else.

10:26:30 AM
Anne M

Yes. But we did a normal troubleshooting steps.

10:26:45 AM
Me

Also, it would make absolutely no sense because the camera arms itself exactly 15 minutes after it is disarmed every single time

10:26:52 AM
Anne M

I would suggest to try a custom mode, and let's check if it is still arming itself.

10:27:10 AM
Me

Will you please open a ticket

10:27:19 AM

And show that this is a reported problem.

10:27:26 AM
Anne M

Yes.

10:27:26 AM

The case number is already your ticket.

10:27:41 AM

I will just update that one once we are done with this chat.

10:28:07 AM
Me

As you can see from the link I sent, another user was also frustrated because Netgear support also told this person that this has never been reported, just like you told me

10:28:08 AM
Anne M

I understand, and sincerely apologize for this concern. We have n no reported issues regarding this, since we do not receive a large volume of calls pertaining to just one issue.

10:29:47 AM
Me

I fail to see how a custom mode would help. I don't want to use a custom mode.

10:29:50 AM

But Anne, did you read the link I sent you? Many users have this problem, and at least one person has an open ticket on this issue

Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now she wants me to record my screen to show it happening. Uh, that is not practical. I can't record for 15 minutes straight. Also, it is not exactly at 15 minutes, but roughly at that interval. Also, it only seems to happen when there is motion. Catching it in the ac t is just an absurd suggestion. 

El_Peruviano
Aspirant
Aspirant
HA! Got to love that first level tech support.

I had asked about giving out my case number to reference, but the support person advised against it because of personal information.
Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you are having this issue, please report it to support. Anne has denied 4 times now that anyone has reported this issue.

Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do any of you have a second base station or Arlo Q that stays armed? I wonder if that is causing some confusion or conflict in the system. 

El_Peruviano
Aspirant
Aspirant

Negative.  1 base station + 3 Arlo Pro cams = 1 auto re-arming system

El_Peruviano
Aspirant
Aspirant

And yea... TOTALLY didn't have a case created for this yesterday... 😉

Would be great if someone from Netgear monitored these forums.  But it certainly seems like that isn't the case.
Edit: Yea, I said that without paying attention to who had commented.  Still seems like a left hand not talking to the right hand kind of thing here.

Image 18.png

lcravens
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just have one base station and two cameras. I will create a ticket with them this weekend when I have some time to spend on it. My solution to this problem keeps looking like I'm going to get in the attic and pull some cable and install some wired PoE cameras when it cools down this fall. These worked great for a year and a half. I'm not sure what changed but they had to push out some buggy firmware or something.
El_Peruviano
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did mention to the tech I chatted with yesterday that I was PRETTY sure a firmware update rolled out for the base station around the same time this issue began.  

Spar6
Aspirant
Aspirant

El_Peruviano, I think you are right. That is right when my problem surfaced.

Rob999
Guide
Guide
I’m having the exact same issues with my four Arlo Pro 2 system since the last firmware update. It’s driving me crazy as it was fine before the update. Just keeps arming after around 15 minutes no matter what I do.
Heber001
Aspirant
Aspirant
I too am having the same issue. Every 15 minutes or so the Arlo Pro rearms itself. I have one base station and six cameras. It certainly is very frustrating.