Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Chrome Flash Player Won't update PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Discussion stats
Apprentice
Apprentice

My default browser is Chrome (latest version) and I have been using Arlo Pro cams for over a year. Recently I started getting messages after opening the Arlo app on Windows 7 to update to the latest flash player version. I do so but in subsequent instances of opening the app I get the same message. I read past threads about changing the setting for Arlo to always allow flash but seems this option is no longer available. What to do? NG should fix this BS. Who uses flash these days anyway? I think Chrome is phasing out flash. The options now are to completely block or allow episodically but I see no option to allow certain sites to use flash. Thanks in advance for any qualified knowledgeable help!

100 REPLIES 100
richardincb
Initiate
Initiate

It seems like all of these answers are out of date (2018) since none seem to work or the instructions cannot be followed. I'm using Chrome Version 73.0.3683.75 and Safari 12.0.3 on OS-X 10.12.6. First, stop using FLASH it's an outdated solution. Second your web application (on Safari) requests flash has to be updated and that's complicated. Then to download files your application won't work on Safari (for multiple files) and it wants Chrome which doesn't use adobe flash but has it's own (I don't used firefox). Standard browsers should be supported without the user having to jump through hoops and install updates to 3rd party (somewhat unpopular) plugins/extensions. I used to recommend Arlo but after suffering though this problem off and on for more than a year, I can no longer do so.