Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Dferg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi. Just updated to 2.5.0
Now I don’t get push notifications. Also my schedule displays the wrong thing i.e. if the time is 17.00 and the schedule is set to be armed the Mode screen shows the clock icon but says disarmed.

Arlo is there a fix on its way?
This system is not cheap!
I have already given up on geofencing as it just doesn’t work and is totally unreliable. However the schedule and push notifications are essential and without them the system is about as good as a chocolate fire guard.
I don’t feel my property is protected as it should be.
FYI iPhone 8 iOS 11.3.1base station reset and still no joy

53 REPLIES 53
T2342344
Star
Star

Issue persists with notifications on iOS with app version 2.5.1. When app is reopened after minimizing after short period of time it says that password is incorrect. Closing the app and reopen works for a while (no need to insert password) but after a while it stops working again. 

rasmum1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated app on iphone yesterday. Schedule not working for me either. Disables all cameras. Very annoying - would assume a legitamite company would verify their app updates before pushing them out to their customers. Guess we know how they feel about us.

rasmum1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still doesn't work. Schedule works via desktop app but not iphone app. Does not follow schedule - should be armed during the day, but all cameras disarmed. Have to arm them manually. Very dissapointing. Anyone from netgear reading these posts?

FormerArloUser
Guide
Guide

Wow. I can't believe Netgear hasn't fixed this issue, yet!  These "security" cameras are completely useless. 

Never Netgear!
Morten-Kroejby
Apprentice
Apprentice

@FormerArloUser wrote:

Wow. I can't believe Netgear hasn't fixed this issue, yet!  These "security" cameras are completely useless. 

Here is your fix, when Netgear will not help, I will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9KbDpUYTC0

aloeignut
Tutor
Tutor

One of my cameras just sent a push notification that a wasp had flown in front of one of my cameras.  It showed a beautiful picture of the wasp.   However, two other cameras failed to notify me that the FedEx truck drove into my garage and two people delivered a package.  Recorded the movement but did not show as being in the library.  Version 2.5.1 has not fixed the problem.  Also, some of my cameras seem to have lost sensitivity and movement must be closer to activate the recording.  With 15 cameras, I'm not happy.  

Mbengson
Star
Star
I have the exact same issue. The only thing that seems to work is to manually set it to armed. So frustrating!!
aloeignut
Tutor
Tutor
My phone has upgraded to version 2.5.2 now but push notifications are still sporadic and some movement that would trigger recordings in the past are not doing so now. Why don’t they simply offer the version that was working fine before they decided to screw the system up?
EfratA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there a fix for Monday not sticking on the schedule setting? This is annoying. Tried to set all weeknights to be the same or set Monday separately and nothing works 

dfreder
Aspirant
Aspirant

The device, iOS, Android, Web interface appear to be irrelavent. Whatever executes the schedule has been broken, a pushed base station update or something. I can only speculate. I've had Atlo equipment for 3 years and the system has been rock solid until a few weeks ago. The silence from Netgear and lack of a fix for this make me question their commitment.

At least roll us back to a previous version until you get the new functionality working properly.

I NEED SCHEDULES WORKING!!!

Smarks
Star
Star
Still having issues with schedules not working as scheduled. Has this been addressed yet? I’m second guessing my decision to use these cameras. Don’t trust them anymore. Should have gone with Ubiquiti.
Jamswirl
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just set up a new Arlo Pro 2 set, found couldn’t schedule for Monday’s either. Worked out that starting a Monday schedule at 12:01am seemed to stick (rather than starting at 12:00am). 

Every other day is fine scheduling to start at 12:00am so don’t know why that’s a bug.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use a computer browser for this function. Seems to work better.

mel4681
Aspirant
Aspirant
Using a computer and web browser works great until you attempt to make any changes through the app at all. The iOS app is junk at this point. I had my schedule working having set it all up through a computer. Then, one night I wanted to disarm my system so I could take my dog out without setting off the siren and waking up the whole house. I used the iPhone app to do that and then my schedule quit working all over again. I got it all set back up and working again the next day. Then, after heading out of town for a long weekend and wanting to change the mode while we were away using the app, the whole schedule quit working again. Please fix the iOS app so that it is useful for more than just playing back videos.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the iOS mobile app is now available from the app market: Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.5 -12th August 2018

Please make sure you have the latest version installed.

JamesC

Ibe121
Aspirant
Aspirant
Anyone still experiencing the schedule issue with 2.5.5? I am. Updated the app and restarted my phone but schedule mode still doesn’t work. Oddly enough only at night. The daytime mode for the schedule works fine, but when it’s time to switch at 8pm, the system disarms. When you look at the mode in the app, it just shows a clock
waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

Yes.  I just went outside to make sure my garage door was open and fully expected to get a push notification on my front camera.  I didn't.  When I checked, it the mode was correctly on schedule, but the current activation was "disarmed".  Oddly, "disarmed" isn't on my schedule ANYWHERE.  It should either be front camera only, or both cameras, all the time.

I changed my schedule to armed and tested it and it worked fine, then set my mode back to schedule and it correctly listed "both cameras".

This is getting ridiculous.  This system has just been one headache after another.  I have no faith in the product any longer when it can suddenly and unexpectly stop working in the most bizarre ways.

Smarks
Star
Star
^ I’m with you. I’m so disappointed I went with these cameras. One problem after another. Schedules don’t work right, geofencing is not reliable, batteries went from lasting 3 months to now barely a month. Security cameras are supposed to be rock solid so they can be relied on when needed most. These are far from reliable.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I find that using a browser for modes, rules and schedule works better.

Smarks
Star
Star
Yes agree the browser works better
waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

Laying aside the absurdity of "works better", I did use the browser to create these schedules.  It's not terribly complex, there's a period in the middle of the day where I only want a single camera to be armed, and then at night, both should be armed.  Disarmed, isn't an option and should never be enabled by schedule.

Ibe121
Aspirant
Aspirant
Regarding the browser, I did use it as well after assuming the app was the issue. However, it still didn’t take. Another user here did mention having success with the browser but that using the app would “break” the schedule so maybe that’s what happened to me. Suffice it to say, we’re all putting in much more effort than we should be to have the system work the way it’s suppossed to.
ramonica60
Aspirant
Aspirant

I wish I had read these reviews before buying the Arlo Pro a week ago.  I, too, am not receiving notifications for one of the 2 cameras.  It is not sending notification when it detects motion.  I called tech support and the woman told me that this has been an issue and they are working on fixing it.  She said re-syncing everything works 90% of the time.  The last support person told me to create a custom mode.  That made matters worse because now neither of the 2 cams are sending me notificaitons.  NOw I am told to bring the cam inside the house and re-sync to the base station, uninstall and re-install the app.  I might call tech support tomorrow and try this.  If that doesn't work, back to the store this goes.  I would have done better with a dummy camera costing $10.  I paid $500 and cannot understand why Arlo continues to sell thi product if there are bugs that need to be worked out!  Arlo said they can replace the cams free of charge but I would have to pay for shipping!!! Not doing that.  The online store where I bought the product will pay for shipping.  This thing is turning out to be junk.  I bought it because a friend who bought his Arlo a year ago talked about how wonderful this thing is. I guess they didn't make it with bugs a year ago. Very disappointed and would not recommend this product.  I don't have time to spend hours with tech support.

Eric-u
Aspirant
Aspirant
Schedule not working!!!

Notifications worx.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Try clearing your schedule and go through set up again. Be sure each time frame has the correct desired mode scheduled.

JamesC