Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro Not Working After Charging

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Bill-AH
Tutor
Tutor

One of My cameras, An Arlo Pro shoed that it needs charged.   After Charging, it did not work, removed it, but was not able to add it back to the app.  I am using the charger that came with the camera system.  When I plug in to power, it blinks blue once then it is out.  Tried to plug into power with out the battery, and it does the same.  If I unplug, remove the batery, then plug back in, I may get fast blinking orange for about three seconds, then it blinks onece blue and keeps repeating the cycle.  At times, it just lights up blue, but does not respond to any synch commands.  I am not able to get a consistent responce from the camera.

I would appreciate any help on this.

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Bill-AH,

Have you tried rebooting/resetting your Base Station? 

c2m8c
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue on 3 of my arlo pros. Tried rebooting everything, removed batteries, and tried to sync again with no success. It's odd that 3 of the 4 cameras I have would die on the same day. Did arlo get some kind of virus?

Bill-AH
Tutor
Tutor

I have rebooted my base station.  No difference.  The issue is with the camera and the not the base.  I have four other cameras that are working fine on the base.   The clor blinking orange for three seconds then solid blue for 3 seconds. When I remove the batery and just plug the camera, it blinks blue for a second and nothing after that.  Any thought on this?

Thanks

Bill-AH
Tutor
Tutor

They have been doing a lot of updates lately.  The strange thing, The camera I am having problems with is an Arlo Pro, I think this is the case with you too.  I have four other Arlo that are a couple years old and they are still working fine.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried swapping batteries around? Is it possible that the battery is totally dead and needs the procedure to allow it to be charged?

Bill-AH
Tutor
Tutor

I do not have a second battery to swap.   But based on the lights behavior, I can not tell if the camera is bad or the batery.  Is there a way to find out if it is the battery or the camera?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since you don't get the expected response when plugged in without the battery, I'd say the camera has an issue. Open a case with support here for a possible RMA.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Bill-AH,

I have provided the link for Technical support to help assist you with your camera.

Arlo Tech Support