Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo App Update-Push Notifications & Schedule Not Working

Discussion stats
Dferg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi. Just updated to 2.5.0
Now I don’t get push notifications. Also my schedule displays the wrong thing i.e. if the time is 17.00 and the schedule is set to be armed the Mode screen shows the clock icon but says disarmed.

Arlo is there a fix on its way?
This system is not cheap!
I have already given up on geofencing as it just doesn’t work and is totally unreliable. However the schedule and push notifications are essential and without them the system is about as good as a chocolate fire guard.
I don’t feel my property is protected as it should be.
FYI iPhone 8 iOS 11.3.1base station reset and still no joy

53 REPLIES 53
LgMg526
Guide
Guide

We’re still not getting notifications either on our IPAD 5th generation and IPAD Air. We have iOS 11.3.1 on our devices. We’ve uninstalled app and reinstalled app. Wondering also when this issue is going to be fixed. 

Jarednl
Initiate
Initiate

I am also not receiving any notifications since the app update. iPhone X.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic has been escalated and is currently being investigated by the engineering team. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

prettyh8
Guide
Guide

I was getting push notifications but they stopped sometime last night.  I have an Iphone 7.  Hopefully this gets remedied soon....Smiley Sad

3MAGs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, since the update I don't get notifications on my iphone 8 and ipad 5th gen.  The schedule is not working correctly either.  it will go to armed for the time I set it, but the motion detection is turned off.

Dferg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Iphone 8 on latest software,

Since the 2.5.0 app update i have found an issue with the schedule and custom rules.

If the schedule shows armed then my mode shows the sytem as armed. It also sends push notifications. 

If the schedule is set to a custom mode (mine is outside only) then the mode says system is disarmed and i dont get notifications.

I have removed the custom mode and set it back up-this hasn't solved the problem

Is there a fix on its way?

N9Tof9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue.  This last app update has made the product unusable.  Netgear should have the app dev team working around the clock to fix this with the highest priority.

Dferg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi James. Any joy finding a fix?

mcmu12
Luminary
Luminary

Alerts not working for me either since update. Please let us know when this will be fixed.

s0041464
Tutor
Tutor

My schedule is no longer working. 

My schedule consists of two custom modes. Custom mode 1 and 2.

Implemented 4 ways

Custom mode 1 is scheduled Monday to Friday 0900 - 1700

Custom mode 2 is scheduled Monday to Friday 0000 - 0859

Custom mode 2 is scheduled Monday to Friday 1701 - 2359

Custom mode 2 is scheduled Saturday to Sunday 0000-2359

For whatever reason, it can only handle 2 modes at a time.

I have been missing important security recordings of my property.

I'll have to run manually for now. 

Could someone from netgear acknowledge this is also an issue being looked into? Not just notifications?

Dferg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi James. Any joy finding a fix?
Been almost a week. Property not secure as it should be.
Surely it’s an easy fix for such a big company?

Dferg
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi James.
Still waiting for an update. Is this being fixed? It appears everyone who updated is having difficulty with schedules and push notifications.
What’s the latest your end.
I don’t want to send my system back but don’t feel I have much choice if this isn’t sorted soon.
Please respond so everyone knows what’s happening.

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

The sense of urgency here is appalling.

MjnannUSA1
Initiate
Initiate
This is ridiculous! Can we please get an update? Everyone I know with the new version on IOS is having this issue with push notifications and schedule not working. Serious security issue!!!
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience! We have an updated iOS app awaiting approval with Apple for release to the App Store. In the past we've seen that this approval process can take anywhere between a couple hours to a couple of days. We will update you here as soon as we see the approval come through for the 2.5.1 updated app. This version should resolve the push notification and PTT issues. We are still actively working on the issues with modes/schedules and will keep you updated with progress. 

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the update, Dawn.  This should really be stickied or have its own thread.  There are a lot of threads out there about these issues, partially due to how long it has taken to get a response.

s0041464
Tutor
Tutor
Still no update in Australian App Store.
I hope this wasn’t just updated in USA STORE
waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

It's not a region thing.  It hasn't been released anywhere yet.  Supposedly it's still in apples hands going through their validation process.

Supposedly.  We can't even get a sticky about it, so who knows.

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

@DawnM wrote:

Hello all,

Thank you for your patience! We have an updated iOS app awaiting approval with Apple for release to the App Store. In the past we've seen that this approval process can take anywhere between a couple hours to a couple of days. We will update you here as soon as we see the approval come through for the 2.5.1 updated app. This version should resolve the push notification and PTT issues. We are still actively working on the issues with modes/schedules and will keep you updated with progress. 

Dawn Marshall

Arlo Community Manager

This has now exceeded the "normal" time it takes for apple to approve new software.  Please give us a status.  The excuse that we are now waiting on apple is wearing a bit thin.

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

Ok, think it's time to visit every platform I know of and give 1 star to this piece of **bleep** product, who's managment and employees are either unwilling or unable to support their products with any sembalance of respect or competence.

s0041464
Tutor
Tutor
App has been updated. Scheduling STILL not working using custom modes.
I’ve set a mon-fri 0900–1700 schedule and Monday just doesn’t stick. So annoying! Don’t you guys test these things???

Video capture of issue
https://youtu.be/CcNbGiRlWUs
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download on the iOS app store that should address this issue. Please make sure to download the latest version and let us know if you are still experiencing an issue with receiving push notifications.

Release Notes - iOS App 2.5.1 - 23rd May 2018

JamesC

xlm_
Aspirant
Aspirant

It stopped working 2 days ago on my Android smart phone. Try to reset but no luck. Please help!

MjnannUSA1
Initiate
Initiate
Still not working!!! Updated app. Uninstalled. Re installed. Schedule still not working properly. Push notifications still not coming through. Same issue with everyone I know. Please resolve ASAP! Yo will be losing many custimers. Hear cameras are now a security risk! This is getting to be ridiculous!