Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is someone having the same problem ? I have arlo pro and I installed the new app for Arlo (Android device) and after this I'm not receiving my notifications at all , is recording fine but I'm not getting push notifications . Can someone help me or this is a problem with the new app for Arlo ? Thanks

138 REPLIES 138
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are all permissions for the app in the phone settings allowed? Check the Notifications in Settings and verify that things are enabled. If emails are missing, verify that your modes and rules have things enabled and that the correct email address is used. Test using a different email address.

JesseJWilliams
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I'm getting email notifications but no alerts on my phone. I have all notifications on. Not sure what else to look into..
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Android or iPhone?

JesseJWilliams
Aspirant
Aspirant
Android,samsung galaxy s9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The first thing to try is to reinstall the app.

If that doesn't work there are some settings you could try here: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Arlo-Android-device-No-notifications-with-new-app/m-p/1725047...

sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary

I honestly don't think it's anything end users can control.  My new app stopped receiving push notifications on 9/10, then magically out of nowhere, 2 days later everything started working again.  Nothing was done on the base station or with my app, they're messing with stuff on the back end.  Ever since 9/12 I've been receiving push notifications again without any user intervention. 

12mk21
Star
Star
I agree, this issue is on Arlo Server side. We just have to wait for them to fix it. You are lucky maybe the server your account resides have already been fixed. I am still waiting. Still no notifications for me.
somewhereiniowa
Star
Star
I guess I jinxed myself. My notifications quit working today. I got two days of notifications after uninstalling the app, resetting the base station, and installing the app again. Darn it...
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the same problem . I can restart the base station but at some point it will stop working the notifications again.
sangwinacher
Luminary
Luminary
It's sounding like the server side is losing users' base station subscription state. Resetting the base station likely refreshes the device subscription to the server but it's being dropped after X amount of time, thus push notifications ceasing. The email notifications still work likely because that is independent of the push notifications process.
Dgibbs
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried that and so far they are working visually for sure. I can't say that I have heard the notifications just yet. We'll see. Thanks
AdScott
Aspirant
Aspirant
Since updating the app I'm not receiving any push notifications to my phone. Have enabled them in my phone settings and in the app settings. I have Android version 8.0.0

This is a baby monitor that can't be used at the moment.
trbrown71
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a Samsung note 5 and I also am having issues with the push notifications. I know exactly when mine occurred is when I was forced to install the latest update. I was able to get it to work for a little while by uninstalling the update and reinstalling it but the resolution was only temporary. I cannot even get that to repeat itself uninstalled and reinstalled several times and still no push notifications .

I think it would be very beneficial for Arlo to reinstate the old app until they get the bugs worked out of the new one.
Pilsb
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having exactly the same problem on Android since downloading the new app. All the settings are the same but no notifications coming through.
Deadohiosky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I, like many others have downloaded the "New/updated" app 9/12/19. I have an LG V50, running current Android version. All settings set correctly for push notifications. I have reinstalled the new app multiple times, still no push settings. I created a new discussion as this issue has been marked as solved in recent threads and it's not. I am also unable to loacate the legacy app in the google play store. 

Frustrating is the least I can say right now. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Deadohiosky wrote:

I am also unable to loacate the legacy app in the google play store. 

I couldn't find it yesterday either.  Not sure what happened there (might be on Netgear, and not Arlo).  

But you can still sideload it via https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netgear-inc-2/arlo/

PatrickM95
Tutor
Tutor

New app and no longer receiving notifications. This seems to happen with every app "upgrade." I get the notifications on my IPad, but I'm not getting them on my android phone. It's very annoying.

Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes it's very annoying , I still have the old app on another phone and is working the notifications but on my phone with the new app is not working at all
Deadohiosky
Aspirant
Aspirant

I couldn't find it yesterday either.  Not sure what happened there (might be on Netgear, and not Arlo).  

But you can still sideload it via https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netgear-inc-2/arlo/

Thank you. I will try that.

@StephenB wrote:

@Deadohiosky wrote:

I am also unable to loacate the legacy app in the google play store. 

Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
But the old app it will only work until the end of this month
PatrickM95
Tutor
Tutor

I'm now receiving notifications. I cleared the cache/data from the app, restarted the phone, and then logged back in the app. Prior to this action, I tried just about every recommendation on this message board without any success. 

Deadohiosky
Aspirant
Aspirant

@PatrickM95 wrote:

I'm now receiving notifications. I cleared the cache/data from the app, restarted the phone, and then logged back in the app. Prior to this action, I tried just about every recommendation on this message board without any success. 

I have performed this action. The last time I did it, push notifications worked for a few hours and then stopped. I will report back in a few hours with an update. Appreciate your input and reply. 

Vpravata
Aspirant
Aspirant
Andriod
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just downloaded an apk for the old app (Arlo Legacy) and the notifications are working . I will need to stick with this apk for now
Ericboxer
Guide
Guide
Try uninstalling the app completing then unplug your base station for at least a min this worked for me