Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo (Android device) No notifications with new app

Discussion stats
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is someone having the same problem ? I have arlo pro and I installed the new app for Arlo (Android device) and after this I'm not receiving my notifications at all , is recording fine but I'm not getting push notifications . Can someone help me or this is a problem with the new app for Arlo ? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a new version of the Android Arlo mobile app available in the app store that resolves this issue. Please make sure to update to the latest version of the mobile app. For more details on this, take a look here: Arlo Android App - 2.8.1 - 16th September 2019

JamesC

View solution in original post

138 REPLIES 138
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kevin94,

Try reinstalling the app. Also be sure to uninstall the old Arlo legacy app to be sure there are no conflicts between the new and old mobile app versions.

JamesC

Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I just tried that and it works for few minutes but is the same again ( no notifications)
Hash
Initiate
Initiate

Hi There. No, random or between 5minutes to hours later until I get an "audible" push notification, on 3 different branded android phones. I'm just going to repeat what everyone else is saying with the same problem, what is the point of this product without  notifications!!!! I have gone through this forum trying all the troubleshooting that moderators and community have suggested to no avail, and the support service seems useless so Im not even going there, so at the risk of sounding rude, please dont tell me to go through the stock standard troubleshooting, my problem is the same as everyone else. On top of that smart notifications is as about as much use as the contents in my hanky in the middle of a flu. The way I see it, smart notifications and phone app is full of bugs, are Arlo doing anything about it?.......looking at this forumn.......

somewhereiniowa
Star
Star
I did exactly what Jamesc recommended. It worked fine for the rest of the day yesterday. But today, the next day, it's back to not making a sound/notification and not having a number on the app of how many recordings. The recordings are there in the library, but I wasn't notified.
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same for me . Worked for couple hours and stop working after few hours . I can see the number of how many recordings are on the library but I don't get notifications at all and all this started when I installed the new app
VinceG
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve also just installed the new app and no longer receive notifications. I uninstalled the old app and checked to ensure the notifications are setup in the new app. This is very frustrating.
TomBastedo
Guide
Guide

On 9-5-19 I received an e-mail from Arlo that I should download and install the new app version 2.8.0.25870 as the current app, (Now named Legacy version 2.7.12_25660) will no longer be supported after 9-30-2019.  Will the legacy app work at all after then?

I installed the "new" version and deleted the Legacy version just as instructed and POOF no more push notifications! As an extra bonus, e-mail notifications now take 3 to 4 minutes. Totally unacceptable, and now practically useless.

My phone is running Android 5.01, which is listed as supported by the new Arlo app. The odd thing was that my wife's Android 7.0 (Still running Arlo Legacy) phone is still getting push notifications.   So I spent half the day looking through community and support posts and can confirm all my phone System and App settings are correct.

I re-installed the Legacy version, 2.7.12_25660 and BINGO - instantly all the push notifications are back.

Please either FIX the NEW version, or at least allow the Legacy version to be useable.

If neither happen, I'm afraid it will be time to switch, as much as I don't want to. But I need my Arlo system to be FUNCTIONAL.

Thanks for any help,

Tom Bastedo

Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes is very frustrating , they need to fix this issue with an update bit they need to do something because I'm not getting notifications.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some folks fixed this by reinstalling the new app.

VinceG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. I have tried that twice and still push notifications won’t work. I do get the email alerts, just not the push notifications. Since multiple folks seem to be having the issue there has to be a software bug that needs to be fixed.
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I already did that a few times but still the same.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@VinceG wrote:
I’ve also just installed the new app and no longer receive notifications. I uninstalled the old app and checked to ensure the notifications are setup in the new app. This is very frustrating.

What device are you running, and what version of iOS or Android do you use?

If this is iOS 13 beta, it's a known problem that will be fixed before iOS is released.

Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's an Android device using Android version 9 and samung One UI version 1.1
VinceG
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. I’m running the iOS beta 13.1 public release 2. I’ll hold for the new update.
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think is working fine with iOS devices .
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kevin94 wrote:
I think is working fine with iOS devices .

It's working fine on my iPad Pro (iOS 12).  

But notifications don't work at the moment with the iOS 13 beta.   Arlo has acknowledged that, and says it will be fixed before iOS 13 is released.

Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I hope they can fix this problem on the Android devices
jtannenba
Star
Star
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Hash

Do you have the old Legacy app installed or are you using the new Arlo App? you can find more information regarding the new app below.

Arlo is migrating to a new Arlo app this month

Hash
Initiate
Initiate

Hi Shane, my apologies for the rant. I have the current app, not the legacy but heres what hapened after I pulled my head in. I diabled smart notification and audible push notifications are working 80% of the time, but the reason for trialling smart notifications was for the zoning out of trees on windy days and it worked perfectly then in a couple of days the the wheels fell off, for what reasons I do not know. so I'm still of the opinion that both the phone app and smart notifications are "buggy".

AndreasBi
Tutor
Tutor

Here the same, no Push, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Emui 9.1.

Installed the App twice, no change..

Switch back to old...

Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
With the old app you get the push notificatins ? The only problem is that the new app only works till the end of the this month.
AndreasBi
Tutor
Tutor

Jep, the old one is working perfect..

Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I hope the fix the new app because is so frustrating with no push notifications