Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is someone having the same problem ? I have arlo pro and I installed the new app for Arlo (Android device) and after this I'm not receiving my notifications at all , is recording fine but I'm not getting push notifications . Can someone help me or this is a problem with the new app for Arlo ? Thanks

138 REPLIES 138
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I did that and it works for a couple hours but after that stopped working.
AngChu2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have seen people talking about no notification on Android phone.  I just noticed mine is not working.  Has it been fixed?  If so, I need help to set mine.  

I am using Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Android version is 8.0.0 

I have set up nofications in Arlo

Firmware 1.0920.23_32920

Hardware H8

Thanks.

Ericboxer
Guide
Guide
Try taking the battery out for thirty seconds
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have my camera's plugged in all the time
idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's the app, I went back to legacy and everything works fine
Deadohiosky
Aspirant
Aspirant
So after clearing app data and cache, as of 5pm mst I am still getting push notifications.....some 3 hours later it's still working, for now. Will update if it stops.
Vpravata
Aspirant
Aspirant
After jumping through hoops and doing handstands and doing blip flips you should unplug the cameras for 30 seconds and it should work. Come on it should not be this difficult. Arlo get your stuff together.
bmunro
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any luck? No motion notifications on my Android phone
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
With the new app is not working for me , so I installed the old app (apk) and notification is working fine
bbuny1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Galaxy Note 8
Deadohiosky
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am getting notifications after clearing cache and data from the app in the phone system settings and then rebooting.
Tricky68
Guide
Guide

Hey, I do have the same issue with the new app... Motion are detected and recorded, but I receive no push notification - Android 8...

ARLO do something !!

Pilsb
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had a number of conversations with Arlo and reset all my internet network settings and reinstalled the app several times. All is working now and the updated app is much quicker. Not sure if it was the resetting on my phone or Arlo ironing out the issues .
Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I reset my internet and re installed the app again a few time and still no luck .
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see a new app has been released that may resolve this.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kevin94 wrote:
I reset my internet and re installed the app again a few time and still no luck .

Did you update the app to the version released yesterday?

idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@StephenB wrote:

@Kevin94 wrote:

Did you update the app to the version released yesterday?

I am only showing the last one updated on Sep 4th

PatrickM95
Tutor
Tutor

After uninstalling/reinstalling the app, clearing the data and cache, restarting my android phone, and then logging back in the app yesterday, it's been working great, and my phone notifications are instantaneous. If this is a problem when the new app is released at the end of the month, I'll definitely take the same action.  

Kevin94
Apprentice
Apprentice
I reinstalled the old app from an APK . Because the old app is not on the play store anymore
idbl_fanatic1
Apprentice
Apprentice

@Kevin94 wrote:
I reinstalled the old app from an APK . Because the old app is not on the play store anymore

Same here

MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

Have the same problem with the new app. Worked fine the first day but do not get any notifications anylonger.

So dissapointed..

Run latest android software and Samsung S9 plus with five Arlo Pro 2 cameras.

Tried to get email notifications aswell but also not working.

hoofbeats95
Guide
Guide

Since the upgrade to the new Arlo app (I guess because Arlo split from Netgear). . . the app stops notifying me of alerts.  I receive the emails, but not the app alerts on my phone.  Those are my preference over the emails.  They just stop coming through the app with no changes to settings.  I got them to work again after they stopped the first time, but I don't know how.  I think I cleared cache in the app and logged in and out and maybe a phone reboot.  All of which are too many hoops to jump through when I realize the notifications stop.  I have android 9 / Samsung S9 The app info is Version 2.8.0_25870 and released 8/23/19.   I'd really like the notifications to be reliable. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is a new version of the Android Arlo mobile app available in the app store that resolves this issue. Please make sure to update to the latest version of the mobile app. For more details on this, take a look here: Arlo Android App - 2.8.1 - 16th September 2019

JamesC

hoofbeats95
Guide
Guide

@JamesC  thanks!  My play store did not recognize an update.  I have it now and will be testing.  

MartinSwede
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi.
Deleted the Arlo App and reinstall it. Works again. Thks.