Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Humungus
Follower
Follower

When I watch a video from the library on my cell phone using the app, the name of the camera and the time stamp are not displayed. All I see is ARLO. That information just disappeared. How do I get it back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved. Please make sure you are updated to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.6.4. If you do not see the update you, can remove & Re-install the app from the Google Play or App Store.

Thank you 

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We have released the latest version of the Android app v3.6.6. This version did not have a slow-roll release, the update was released at 100%. Can you please make sure you have the latest version downloaded.

Thanks 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

61 REPLIES 61
MikeInMelbourne
Star
Star

The Arlo app has just updated on my two Android devices, and the time of recording is no longer shown during playback. Is this a bug or new feature?

It is now very difficult to tell which particular recording I am watching when reviewing a series of recordings.

Please fix this urgently.

Thanks
Michael

Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
Has Arlo now removed the timestamp on the videos while you play them? The timestamp only shows beside the thumbnails but now I can no longer tell what recording I an viewing as I play it. Must be from latest firmware update?
deborahnutter
Initiate
Initiate
Time stamp on library videos missing
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lilac wrote:
Must be from latest firmware update?

It would be an app thing, not a firmware thing.

FWIW, I see the timestamp and camera when I view the recordings in portrait mode on my iPhone 12 - but not when I view the recordings in landscape.  Not sure when that changed.

I also see the timestamp and camera in Edge on my PC.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MikeInMelbourne wrote:
The Arlo app has just updated on my two Android devices, and the time of recording is no longer shown during playback. Is this a bug or new feature?

Is it doing this when the phone is in portrait mode?  Or only in landscape?

I'm asking because on my iPhone 12 it is shown in portrait, but not landscape.

Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for your tesponse StephenB. For me this change just happened this morning. No timestamp is visible while playing recordings in portrait or landscape mode on my Samsung Galaxy phone. Just the word "Arlo" in upper left corner. Also, while I play a recording, if a new recording gets added to the library, I get bumped out of the recording I was playing & the last starred recording opens.
MikeInMelbourne
Star
Star
Hi Stephen

In Android the timestamp used to be shown in the top left in both portrait and landscape mode during playback from Library, but now it is shown in neither.

This is both on my Samsung phone and S6 tablet. The app software version is 3.6.3_28450. I wish there was someway to rollback to the previous version but AFAIK that's not possible in Android. Now I can only see timestamps when viewing on my Win10 laptop, and that's not convenient.

Can anyone advise if there is any way to lodge a possible bug report to Arlo support? I'm not on Arlo Smart, and the automated chat help does not seem to allow this.

TIA for any advice.
Michael

PS At least if it still works in iOS that suggests this not an intended feature for those of us not on Arlo Smart!
MikeInMelbourne
Star
Star
Hi Lilac

FWIW, I'm experiencing the same issue on both my Samsung phone and tablet after the latest app update yesterday.

Michael
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for your tesponse Michael. When I look at the App in the Play store, it shows the last update to be Mar 24 & that update forced me to log back into the App. Maybe this is a cloud problem instead or as I had first thought firmware update?
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Since update to Android version 3.6.3_28450. the timestamp on video has disappeared, and replaced with the word Arlo. How do I bring back the time code. I know which system I am using.
MikeInMelbourne
Star
Star
Hi Lilac

For me the Arlo app is now version 3.6.3, dated 14 Apr 2022, and in Google Play it was auto updated yesterday morning on both my Samsung devices (which have different Android versions).

Playback of older recordings in Library have the same behaviour, which to me suggests it's an app issue.

Cross fingers it's a bug, and not a new feature of Arlo Smart!

Michael
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
Now the App store matches the version 3.6.3 dated Apr 14.
I don't have Arlo Smart unless this is something that they taken away from non-subscribers. Hopefully a bug they will fix.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you provide a screenshot of this issue? 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MikeInMelbourne wrote:

Can anyone advise if there is any way to lodge a possible bug report to Arlo support? I'm not on Arlo Smart, and the automated chat help does not seem to allow this.

The mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) can help there, so I am tagging them to call their attention to this.

MikeInMelbourne
Star
Star
Thanks Stephen.

To give a little more detail, where the Arlo app previously used to show the camera name and recording timestamp on the top right during playback, in v3.6.3 on Android it now just shows "Arlo" and no timestamp for all cameras.

My wife's Samsung phone is still on the earlier Arlo app version, and still shows the name and timestamp, so it's definitely an issue introduced with very latest update of the app.

Thanks
Michael
jeremy1216
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue after the latest app update. The timestamp is not showing on the recording anymore

MeanMachine31
Tutor
Tutor
Yeah, I went back to see if the time/date showed on older videos, & it only shows Arlo top left. ??? Hopefully they are working to fix it. I pay attention to it all the time. I mean. That's what security is all about.
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
Meanmacine I hear you. I constantly look at the timestamp during playback.
Sgt_Wilko
Initiate
Initiate

Wow! No more timestamps! Way to make users' life more difficult. I hope its a bug and not a design decision. If it is a bug, its a pretty obvious one and it does not reflect well on the QA team. If its a design decision, please fire the product manager(s).

SgtWilko

Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'm not subscribed to a plan, but was able to submit a Case to Arlo through Developer Contact on App & then going through link provided in email from auto-response email. Maybe they will fix this if more people submit a Case?
Lilac
Apprentice
Apprentice
It sounds like the problems with playback & the timestamp removal are considered "normal". Below is Arlo's response:

With regard to library timestamp, it will only be indicated on the thumbnail section of the videos when on the Arlo app. If you wish to see the timestamp while playing the recording, it would be best to log in to my.arlo.com using a computer browser. Also, it is expected behavior for the playback and screen to refresh when a new recording is added.

Unbelievable!
Windy_Hill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue, no time stamp visible during library playback, lost it overnight. Same Arlo version 3.6.3_28450 released 4/13/22, but time stamps were still visible until yesterday, 4/20/22. Same issue for both Pixel2XL running Android 11 and older Samsung tablet running Android 6.0.1
Please bring it back!
Screenshot_20220421-123336.png
Sgt_Wilko
Initiate
Initiate

This makes it pretty clear Arlo product managers don't use their own products.

Browsing recordings on the Android version of the app was quite easy BEFORE this update. One could use the thumbnails to quickly get close to the event of interest, then swipe right or left to zero in on the precise time of the event. All the while not losing track of where you are in the timeline thanks to the date and time stamps displayed ON THE RECORDED VIDEO VIEW. Furthermore, one could do all that without being periodically jerked back to the top of the thumbnail view whenever a new event is detected WHILE YOU ARE INVESTIGATING.

With the latest update that ditched the timestamps:

- There is no way of knowing where you are in the timeline while browsing.

- Screenshots are no longer useful to quickly document the occurrence of an event.

- While browsing/analysing recorded video on the app, you get randomly jerked back  to the top of the thumbnail view whenever a new event is detected (kids playing on front lawn, cars in street, service people, etc). Making you lose track of where you were in the timeline or what recording you were watching.

I've experienced all of the above today as this is pretty much my usual use case and workflow.

Bottom line, the latest Android App update makes investigating anything in the app impossible/impractical.

Pure genius Arlo.

Did I mention the non-functional 2-way audio in live view (on the Android app) which has been an open ticket with Arlo for over a year ? (sigh...)

MeanMachine31
Tutor
Tutor

I agree. I don't understand the logic behind this one.  Thats the first thing I look at when I wake up is to see when the animals or someone was caught on recording.  I sure hope they do get enough complaints.