Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android - Camera Name and time has disappeared when watching a recorded video (says Arlo only)

Discussion stats
Humungus
Follower
Follower

When I watch a video from the library on my cell phone using the app, the name of the camera and the time stamp are not displayed. All I see is ARLO. That information just disappeared. How do I get it back?

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We have released the latest version of the Android app v3.6.6. This version did not have a slow-roll release, the update was released at 100%. Can you please make sure you have the latest version downloaded.

Thanks 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

61 REPLIES 61
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
Newest update restored time and date settings.
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
The newest update should restore the time and date settings.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should now be resolved. Please make sure you are updated to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.6.4. If you do not see the update you, can remove & Re-install the app from the Google Play or App Store.

Thank you 

Windy_Hill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you ShayneS, my Play store now has the updated Android version, which has restored the timestamp. However, I have just experienced for the first time the random time jump others have mentioned! Never happened before this ...
mikeym71
Initiate
Initiate

I am using Arlo app on my Samsung S21 phone.  I am having two issues: 

1) When I watch a recording from the library it will play for a couple seconds and then switch to a video from yesterday.  I can log in from a laptop and view the whole video.  I restarted the base station, uninstalled the app and installed Arlo Secure, restarted phone several times.

2) when scrolling through recorded videos, if a new video is recorded, the screen refreshes and takes me back to the top (most recent) recording.  This does not happen when reviewing recordings on my laptop. This is not helpful when looking through recordings from hours ago. 

These two issues appear to be with the Arlo app, not the camera or base station since it works from a laptop.  I am wondering if the refreshing is causing both issues?   Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hill11
Aspirant
Aspirant
I click play on a video and it starts playing and then says buffering and plays a video from a day
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue has been identified and will be resolved soon. I will provide another update as soon as possible. 

chvo
Guide
Guide

My library now jumps all over the place, we viewing one clip, then jumps to yesterday's. Hopefully it gets fixed soon!

Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes. I'm not able to review the recordings anymore bc they buffer and hop to previous day. The cameras record so eventually I will be able to review some of them. The fix could be 2 updates back when time and date stamps displayed correctly and video playback was fine. I have no idea why they updated the system when it appeared all was working fine. SMDH
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
After much buffering I can watch some of the videos so that's good. I'm not sure if I can review all of them without being bumped into another date and bc of the time it takes to get through the buffering I don't have the patience for it at this point. It is an improvement bc prior I was immediately bumped to another video without any view of the one I was attempting to watch.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We have released the latest version of the Android app v3.6.6. This version did not have a slow-roll release, the update was released at 100%. Can you please make sure you have the latest version downloaded.

Thanks 

24RobM
Tutor
Tutor
@ShayneS
App FINALLY updated to v3.6.6. So far so good. Thank you for your work on this.