Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Android - Camera Name and time has disappeared when watching a recorded video (says Arlo only)

Discussion stats
Humungus
Follower
Follower

When I watch a video from the library on my cell phone using the app, the name of the camera and the time stamp are not displayed. All I see is ARLO. That information just disappeared. How do I get it back?

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We have released the latest version of the Android app v3.6.6. This version did not have a slow-roll release, the update was released at 100%. Can you please make sure you have the latest version downloaded.

Thanks 

• ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

61 REPLIES 61
MeanMachine31
Tutor
Tutor

IKR, you can just scroll & pay attention to the timestamp as you are going thru the pics.  

Rd36mnm
Initiate
Initiate

Just within the past couple days, whenever I view a video on my Android phone or tablet, the date and time stamp is missing from the top of the video. It is fine on my computer and has always been fine on both phone and tablet until a couple days ago. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. 

Ron

gbaranko
Tutor
Tutor

After updating Arlo Android app to version 3.6.3_28450 (released 4/13/22) the video review no longer displays the date/time stamp or camera name on the video in either portrait or landscape views. Viewing video using the app on a Samsung Galaxy S10 5G running Android Version 12. If this is a new app design, it is terrible. It makes it very hard to keep context while reviewing videos. Please either return the date/time stamp and camera name to the video or make it an optional configuration.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

change in OS lately ??  Updated app ??

Also just in case u didn't know , the file name when d/l is is epoch time ( computer time from '80s )

you can convert to people date/time here.

https://www.epochconverter.com/

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
CuJoe
Guide
Guide

I use local recording and the latest update has got me furious.

When I look at my recordings and want to enlarge and view them, I no LONGER HAVE THE TIME STAMP! It has now been replaced by the word "Arlo"! What is the point of this "upgrade"? What "bug" was fixed? What feature was added or improved?

You have made my life more difficult and, for what, to force me to use Arlo Secure and/or "advertise" the Arlo brand on the product itself??

I would use the time stamp going thru my overnight videos. If a subsequent video was in the same time frame, I would skip over to the next one, etc. etc. We have a fair amount of wildlife going thru our yard and the time stamp was very useful to advance forward to another time sequence. I see NO point in Arlo taking away this convenient feature other than trying to get me to buy their security package (that's assuming they haven't put this ridiculous "upgrade" into on-line storage videos).

I want my video time stamp back! How can I do this?

Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
Very annoyed with this and the crap response from Arlo employees to the problem.
Le22
Apprentice
Apprentice
In addition to the other issues posted my recordings randomly switch to prior recordings. This is not going to help Arlo grow or get repeat business or recommendations. Something really went wrong.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Agrac
Initiate
Initiate
After the most resent Arlo app update, I no longer have timestamps in my cloud or downloaded recordings??
KACPCO
Guide
Guide
It appears a recent Android update removed the Date and Time on the upper left position of the landscape view of playback screen. This same issue was reported previously in 2020 and it appears the Arlo support team had to correct the issue in subsequent update back at that time. Looks to be a repeat of the same error.
eduardok
Guide
Guide
Also please look at the issue of jumping randomly to past recordings during playback, as reported by Le22.
I have experienced jumps to 9 hours prior video, one day prior, etc. very very often.
Really annoying!
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

Just wanted to add to the comments regarding 1) missing timestamp and 2) video playback jumping to random videos from the past. We are experiencing the same issues on Samsung devices. The timestamp on the video should definitely be added back because first and foremost this is supposed to be security system.

Thanks!

FoxRaynard
Star
Star
I have both the same issues.
Have Arlo ever thought about, I don't know, regression testing their releases ?
pjama
Luminary
Luminary

The latest version of the android arlo app (3.6.3_28450) seems to have removed the time stamp as a under label in portrait mode or overlay in landscape mode. This was really useful when scrolling (left or right) through playing videos. ie when viewing the video you could see the time of the video.... but now it's gone. It's just "ARLO" in the top left corner of landscape mode now.

I've had a quick look through configuration and can't find any sneaky additions of options to configure it.

Can we have the time stamp back please? Or at least an option to configure it?

If you're going to rid of anything in the overlay, get rid of that stupid fat play symbol right in the middle that obscures all the activity of the first few seconds of any video.

shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Timestamp is now back. Not burnt into video. But as part file name.
Windy_Hill
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, the missing timestamp during playback is not back. The time stamp has always been a part of the file name.
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary

Overlay or burnt in. Its back on my phone . Updated over night.

pjama
Luminary
Luminary

@shoustonnz 

> Timestamp is now back. Not burnt into video. But as part file name.

Ah, so it is, if you update to the later latest android update 3.6.4_28451.

All good now. 🙂

Windy_Hill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Pjama Based on your message I just uninstalled and reinstalled. The Android version still ends in 0 not 1, and the time stamp is still missing during playback. Can I assume you were joking?
Windy_Hill
Aspirant
Aspirant
Shoustonnz Can you post a screenshot showing the timestamp during playback instead of the word Arlo, like this one?
Screenshot_20220421-122342.png
shoustonnz
Luminary
Luminary
Here's mine. In NZ we are ahead of the rest of the world. In case you are questioning to time stamp..Android version
Screenshot_20220427-131205_Arlo.jpg
Windy_Hill
Aspirant
Aspirant
shoustonnz Wonderful! Thank you, didn't know you were in NZ, nor that that would make a difference. I'll keep an eye out for an update here in my end of the world! Thanks for taking the time...
eduardok
Guide
Guide
Updated from Play Store now.
At least the time stamp is back. Didn't see the random jump yet.
I am in Seattle.
MikeInMelbourne
Star
Star
Thanks Arlo team for fixing this timestamp issue with the recent update.

Cross fingers that the random timeline jumping, identified by others, has also been fixed.

Meanwhile my faith is restored.

Thanks also to the moderators for escalating this.

Michael
FoxRaynard
Star
Star

My faith isn't restored, it would never have happened if Arlo's QA was adequate.

And it took 8 days to fix 😐

This shouldn't be acceptable.