Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
SgtSchultz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I haven't been able to view video on my android app for quite a while now. It keeps crashing. I've been sending feedback, but a month later and no fix. Still not working. Anyone else experiencing this problem? Galaxy S9+
6 REPLIES 6
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary
Works fine on my S7 edge. Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling. If that don't work, then I got no idea.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Agreed. I have a Galaxy S5, Nexus 6 and Galaxy Tab S3 all capable of fully using the Android app.

SgtSchultz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok, sounds like a S9+ issue. Maybe the aspect ratio? How do I get the problem to the people who can fix it?
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Unless I missed something when the S9 launched I thought the aspect ratio was the same as the S8 / S8+, which is 2.05:1 or 18.5:9. Android app version 2.4.10_20077 works fine on my S8 running android 8.0.0 (oreo) and samsung experience 9.0.

SgtSchultz
Aspirant
Aspirant
🤔, ok. Going to install on my wife's phone. Same phone, S9+, we'll see if that changes anything. It was working fine when I first got the phone. I did do a software update. Running Android 8, with Experience 9. If that means anything.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

An update for the Arlo mobile app has been release that resolves this issue. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app installed from the app store:

Release Notes - Android App 2.4.11 - 11th April 2018

JamesC