Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Switching base station from Arlo to Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
mvancleave
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've purchased an Arlo Pro base station because I want the siren and USB backup. I already have an existing Arlo base station and 9 working/installed cameras. Some of these cameras are in hard to reach places. Both base stations are registered and show up in my profile/account.

Is there a way to migrate/move the cameras that are currently sync'd to the old base to the new Arlo Pro base station via the configuration? It seems very stupid that I would have to physically retrieve and manually resync every camera to move to the new base station. There's got to be a config file that can be moved or copied to the new base station that bypasses the need to do all the physical sync'ing. Please help!! 

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Only the cameras sync'ed to the newer base ( Pro/Pro2 ) can use the siren.

Tho you could run two bases and just move over the easy to reach cameras untill you are able to complete all.

( no limit on any number of bases on any level account )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
mvancleave
Aspirant
Aspirant

BUMMER! Thank you for the reply, even though it is definitely not what I wanted to hear. I'm not a sw developer at Arlo, so I do not know how Arlo associates cameras to base stations on the back end, but it seems pretty silly that you cannot make the move by updating a config file somewhere.

Once your cameras are installed, configured and on the network, its 'IT Sacrilege' that you should ever have to physically touch them again (except to change batteries perhaps).