Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
BigRed3169
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I've been using my Arlo system for over a year now. Liked it so much I upgraded to better cameras. Then the app makes me want to get rid of my system entirely. The convenience factor of being able to log in with fingerprint isn't worth a damn thing if my wife logs in to look at the cameras! Arlo app makes us physically type in password Everytime now! Why have the unlock with fingerprint option if you don't let us use it Anymore????

Ok so I definitely feel dumb!!! Decided to create a new user name for my wife and Grant her access!!! SUCCESS!!!! Now I'm not fighting to login anymore!!!!!
85 REPLIES 85
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@DaveW-NC

Can you clarify..... so you're saying you just updated your android app to version 2.4.10_20077 and you still get the session timed out message and you have to log back in?

I didn't experience the issue, mine is working fine on version 2.4.9_20031, so I'm just wondering because if the new version isn't fixing the people having this issue, then I'm not going to update, since mine is working fine.

DaveW-NC
Star
Star

That's correct. I installed the new version, verified it was running 2.4.10_20077 (03/22/18), and after a while (> 1 hour maybe?), I opened the app and I had the orange bar at the top (I didn't actually verify what it said), and I had to login.

I'm going to try clearing my cache to see if there is something left dangling around that could be causing the issue.

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

That's the right version number but should be dated today 3/26/2018. You put 3/22/18, was that just a typo?

If so, then that sucks. It appears the new version may not fix the issue, or maybe you need to uninstall, restart your phone, then install the new version.

Since mine is working I'm holding off on the update until others confirm it's working or not. I don't need my working app breaking.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

update still doesnt work right as I still get the session time out and log in or what ever the F it says orange bar and the screen goes black with the time out orange bar, tap the screen again and it will open. Yes I cleared out everything uninstalled- cleared the cashe - rebooted- reinstalled.  cant they fix it?

DaveW-NC
Star
Star

The date of 3/22/18 is not a typo. That's what my app About page says. Maybe you are talking about what shows up on the Google Play info. That says "Updated on Mar 26, 2018".

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

@DaveW-NC

Ok. Ya I was talking about the play store date. Guess the app was updated on 3/22, but they didn't release it until today. Either way, that's poor, because it appears, at least for you, it didn't fix the issue. I'm not updating....

Hey Arlo.... maybe hire someone from XDA developers. They should be able to fix your issue with the app very quickly. Seems your android devs aren't up to the task.

DaveW-NC
Star
Star

I just wanted to confirm that I do continue to get the orange bar with the mesage that my session has expired and I have to login again. This is with 2.4.10_20077, releases 03/22/18. Clearing cache did not resolve the issue. I'm pretty sure that uninstalling/re-installing won't make things work any differently either.

It is better, in that, I don't have to force stop the app before using my fingerprint to login, but the session expiration still occurs. This is OK for me since fingerprint login is fast. However, I don't know how much of a pain this will be for users who don't use fingerprint login. I'm sure you will let us know.

I'm hoping that James C, or someone, will post information on why this is required.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

FWIW, I'm getting the "session expired" message with the new app, too, but simply have to use the Back button on the device to get it to work.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Don't know what happened overnight but the new app is working great now. No problems.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent cloud update along with an update for the Android Arlo mobile app has been released that should resolve this issue. Please visit the app store and be sure you are up to date on the latest version of the Arlo Mobile App: Release Notes - Android App 2.4.10 - 26th March 2018

If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know.

JamesC

Lars100
Aspirant
Aspirant
"Session expired" is gone but geofencing is still not working, what was working perfectly for a long time on my Samsung a3.
The Geo location Service stops oder is stoped after a certain time.