Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Believefilms
Guide
Guide

MY ARLO PRO ARE  stuck at "getting information" SINCE YESTERDAY, I CANT CHANGE THE MODE, CAN SOME ONE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're still experiencing an issue with "Getting Status" after the above troubleshooting, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue.

JamesC

View solution in original post

92 REPLIES 92
TiggerandPoo
Aspirant
Aspirant

elbuoD
Initiate
Initiate

Nothing can be changed in the Mode tag,only showing “Getting status..”, with both online and mobile app.

SecurityService
Star
Star

Same problem here! with both online and mobile app.

PeterJacobsen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem for me.

I have upgraded one of two iPhone to the new ARLO app. On the new updated iPhone I only see "getting information" in mode tap. Can't arm or disarm the system. The system is however online.

The other iPhone with the "old" ARLO app, is still working perfectly.

Restart of the home system didn't fix the issue. 

Arlo PRO 

HW system: VMB4000r3

Firmware: 1.10.0.4_20963

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you mean the Modes tab? What app are you using?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This topic has been escalated and is currently being investigated by the engineering team. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Nastor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't view my schedule on my iPhone App, Safari Browser, and Google Browser.

Have tried to reboot basestation several times, with no luck!

Basestation firmware 1.10.0.4_20963

Browser Safari Version 11.1

iPhone IOS Version 11.3

mslapx
Tutor
Tutor

Same here, cannot access Mode in iOS app. But I can access and change modes on my computer.

Very frustrating.

Firmware: 1.10.0.4_20963

Hardware: VMB4000r3

Devices: Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not everyone is having the issue but some do. It's being worked on.

Richreg
Aspirant
Aspirant

After updating the Arlo app yesterday, I have the same problem since this morning. I try to reboot / turn off the base station  and still stuck at 'getting information'. 

Please help.

samarasc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have been having the same issue for days now.  The system appears to be down to all of my devices.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

had the issue for two days also...it appears to working 100% for me now.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Nick_357
Star
Star

I am also having problems with multiple IOS devices after latest Arlo update. (version 2.5.0). Cannot edit settings, only "Getting information". Tried to logout and reinstalling Arlo app. Works on a Windows platform.

Also tried to restart base station couple of times.

ColdBrew
Guide
Guide

I am having this issue as well. I've reinstalled the app but still the same thing (iOS). Works on the web though, but I can't select geofencing from the web interface.

simonshea
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo App Version: 2.5.0

My Arlo pro wasn't functioning properly in the past 2 days. It has been

1) sometime the cameras are offine (unable to connect) &

2) the base station always at the "Getting information" stage

Please advise what is wrong and more important how to fix it?

jerry2017
Star
Star

A LOT of issues the past couple of weeks with ARLO's.
No alerts on current mobile devices.
Extremely limited streaming capabilities.
Can not connect to cameras even if only 1 is selected.
Recent updates (around May 8, 2018) resulted in 2 obvious outcomes. New coders or they are dropping support. You (and I) spent A LOT OF MONEY and netgear is scaling back.

jerry2017
Star
Star

A LOT of issues the past couple of weeks with ARLO's.
No alerts on current mobile devices.
Extremely limited streaming capabilities.
Can not connect to cameras even if only 1 is selected.
Recent updates (around May 8, 2018) resulted in 2 obvious outcomes. New coders or they are dropping support. You (and I) spent A LOT OF MONEY and netgear is scaling back.

Whole lot of issues Tech crew!

jerry2017
Star
Star

ARLO appeared to be a great fit... but now, not so much. I don't mind when a company has hickups but this just shows lack. Eventually, they may figure out the tech issues but for sure they will be reducing what they offer on new purchases. A lot of us spent good money to cover what we needed cover and thought was best. Netgear offered and changed up what they offered. 

jerry2017
Star
Star

You are NOT the only one.

iTem70
Aspirant
Aspirant

HAving the same probem. On the web I can see the status (but cannot control GEO) but on the app it showes "Getting information". I have restarted the base station / Power OFF - ON the base station / Delted the app / Rebooted my iPhone 8. Nothing works

Nick_357
Star
Star

Works again for me now on alla IOS devices. (same Arlo version) I dont know if Arlo did something on the server side.

I did however log in on my wifes Iphone with the previous Arlo app and there everything was working. Then when I loged in on my own Iphone and Ipad all was back to normal. Maybe a coincidence I dont know.

iTem70
Aspirant
Aspirant

Still having the same issues. Its the app that cannot communicate with Netgear servers.

It started that I lacked notifications and when I looked into it the "getting info" started 

Dont Netgear watch the support pages and reply to this kind of messages? 

How can I get in touch with technicians @ Netgear... seems impossible... or?

Nick_357
Star
Star

Ok, down again. Works on my wifes older arlo version and windows. Not in v2.5.0 on my iphone or ipad. Cameras work and send notification but cannot change modes or see status.

Come on, sort this out! 

SecurityService
Star
Star
Has anyone found a solution to this problem or do we have to wait for the next update!