Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Believefilms
Guide
Guide

MY ARLO PRO ARE  stuck at "getting information" SINCE YESTERDAY, I CANT CHANGE THE MODE, CAN SOME ONE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE

92 REPLIES 92
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

The base station field trial firmware to address issues with modes and schedules has completed with successful results, and we are releasing it to production. For more information, see our announcement.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

New Base station firmware has been released that should help resolve the issue being discussed here. Check your base station firmware to be sure you are up to date with the latest available version.

Take a look here for more information on this firmware: Firmware Release Scheduled 6/21 to Address IR Rapid Battery Drain and Modes and Schedules Issues

JamesC

Jul3s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Problem solved on my app,seems the new firmware suits.

\o/ \o/ \o/

Hope everyone will get their mode back 🙂

Williamvarian
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Pro Base firmware has updated to 1.10.0.7_21310 , but when I used ISO app Arlo 2.5.4 the Mode still keeps saying "getting information". I've tried a lot of things, but I will give up now.  There are more problems after firmware updated. I can't edit Mode with PC brower (Chrome). I can't change Mode with ISO app Arlo 2.4.0 and 2.4.9 . I am very disapointed.

ColdBrew
Guide
Guide

FYI mine started working after the latest firmware update (iOS).  I haven't tested all my other issues (wife geofencing not working, voice chat not working) but at least I can set the mode now!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Williamvarian,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

SunnySD
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve posted about this problem a while back and I’m still having the same issues with the iOS app after the recent firmware update to the base station and multiple updates of the app. Unable to change modes in the app as it’s stuck at “getting info”. James (or anyone from Netgear/Arlo), please contact me directly as well to help.. Thanks!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

SunnySD,

I've sent you a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Everytime I restart my Base under latest iOS App/Firmwares, It gets stuck in this mode "Getting Information".. I exit the App for a few seconds and it's back to normal.. If you say that this is fix, maybe for some but definitely not All... Bugs still floating around in this messy updates you talented Arlo Engineers put in this App/Firmwares... Also, I noticed my Base-Station's middle status light blinks when there's activity, which is normal at first coz' that's how it supposed to do the last time I checked... But for a few hours later, no more activity light blinking... So, is this new Arlo?.. Is it a Bug? A Bug fix? Which is it now? 

Williamvarian
Tutor
Tutor

I reseted my base today, added devices in Arlo app 2.5.4, and the Mode came back and it looks like ok, motion could be detected, and notification was pushed quickly, but no recordings in Library,and I can’t look live video of all cameras. Sometime the app report “The streaming service is reporting that the device is not streaming. Please check it ......” . Sometime the live video is severely stuck. It looks like communication problem. I restarted my modem router base station , it dose not work. Live video was ok some days ago. I don’t know the reason. I just have poor experience about Arlo. 

Crooked
Tutor
Tutor

When will this be fixed because contrary to anything posted here, this is not fixed. Going for a full year I take it?

jcraw29
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue -- I have 2 base stations -- one is okay to arm/disarm.  The other is stuck on "getting information" -- I cannot arm it -- although I can view in in real time.  I have tried re-booting the base station -- it did not work.  Need help on this ASAP so I can arm these cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jcraw29,

Is this behavior only happening when you try to change modes using iOS? Are you able to change modes using the web client?

JamesC

jcraw29
Tutor
Tutor

Only says "getting information" from my apple devices -- 1 of my base stations I can access from IOS -- but other I cannot

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jcraw29,

Try uninstalling the Arlo mobile app and download a fresh version from the app market. Log back into the app and try again. Do you still see the same issue?

JamesC

jcraw29
Tutor
Tutor

I just tried to delete app and re-install -- still says "getting information"  I can access it on my computers -- just not on IOS devices.

Crooked
Tutor
Tutor

Why isn't this fixed yet?

iPhone X. Have completely deleted the app including deleting settings in iCloud. Restarted the station multiple times. It works fine on other devices, including ATV. Just not on iPhone X. Stuck on "Getting information".

Will this ever be fixed?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you're still experiencing an issue with "Getting Status" after the above troubleshooting, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue.

JamesC