Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

ARLO PRO stuck at "getting information" in iOS

Discussion stats
Believefilms
Guide
Guide

MY ARLO PRO ARE  stuck at "getting information" SINCE YESTERDAY, I CANT CHANGE THE MODE, CAN SOME ONE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE

92 REPLIES 92
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Stand by , prob not much you can do as it appears to be fw and the far end

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Williamvarian
Tutor
Tutor

Hi JamesC,

It’s same for me too Smiley Sad

"Getting info..." still on my Iphone and Ipad, but i works through the browser on my Windows machine.

nengligt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I maid a workaround with IFTT till Netgear fix this mess

Jul3s
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo base station VMB4000r3 firmware 1.10.0.4_20963

Arlo Pro 2 (H3) firmware 1.125.8.0_19174

Iphone 8 iOS11.3.1

Unable to change mode on iOS app, message "getting information"

I contacted support. Support replied that it is a known problem, arlo team will deliver a firmware update to correct it. Until then ... be patient :-@

This issue appeared while I was editing "planing mode" on iOS app.

Since, I have to use a PC to be able to change mode and cannot use localisation mode anymore 😞

Another strange behavior, planing mode cannot be edited anymore even from PC.

Yes, I did try to reboot the base station with on/off and delete, install the Arlo app ...

Crooked
Tutor
Tutor

When will this be fixed? This is so far beyond acceptable I don't even know what to say about it at this point.

Billun
Guide
Guide

I can't change mode after IOS upgrade to 2.5.0, it hangs on "Getting information" on both my iphone and my ipad.

I've tried to upgrade to the latest version (2.5.3) but still no luck.

I've tried to restarting the base station, restarting both cameras, logging out, uninstalling the app and reinstalling but it still doesn't work.

I can change mode from my macbook but it hangs when I try to change the schedule.

Everything works and it records with the old schedule so everything seems to be online.

My wife is still on version 2.4.9 and from there everyting works as it should, she can arm, disarm and change scheldule from her iphone.

Is there any possibility to get this working again?

Billun
Guide
Guide

I actually ordered the newer arlo pro 2 a couple of weeks ago to upgrade our system but when these problem started i canceled the order since they were not able to solve these problems. 

Nick_357
Star
Star

This is getting ridiculous. After all the problems v2.5.0 gave us Arlo users there has been three updates. We are now on 2.5.4 (with no bug fixes apparently) and am still having the "getting information" issue with IOS.

Can this be a problem only seen outside of US? I´m in Sweden and know that more people here and in Norway are having the same issue.

Works fine with 2.4.9 on my wifes Iphone and Ipad but all four newer versions have the "getting information" in modes tab issue.

We have two VMB3010r2 base stations and same problem with both. Tried reseting and setting up the system multiple times with no luck!

In version 2.5.3 i got a brief update on app start that there was an important Bridge update but It never tried to install it. Now in 2.5.4 I don't get that message anymore.

Both base stations have version 1.10.0.4_20963. If I understood correctly the issue could be in this FW? I haven't seen any release notes of a new Base station firmware. 

If there is a newer FW how can I force update this, the app says there is no new updates available.

Nick_357
Star
Star

Netgear, how about putting 2.4.9 available on Appstore. Seem like a bunch of problems began with 2.5.0.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has field trial firmware available that may help address the issues being reported in this discussion. If you would like to participate in this field trial, please post a confirmation in this thread and we will escalate your information to the engineering team.

JamesC

Billun
Guide
Guide

I'm also from Sweden and have the exact same problem.

Fun fact, up until 2.5.3 the schedule still worked and the cameras recorded as it should but after upgrading to 2.5.4 only the notification workes.

I tripped the cameras on purpose and the notification worked but nothing was recorded.

This is starting to get REALLY annoying, I have no use for a non working security system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team has field trial firmware available that may help address the issues being reported in this discussion. If you would like to participate in this field trial, please post a confirmation in this thread and we will escalate your information to the engineering team.

JamesC

Nick_357
Star
Star

My wife still has a fully working system with the same base stations and IOS version 2.4.9.

So I would rather have the possibility to install that older version again. 

But if that is not an option, I`m willing to try a new base FW.

Regards

Nick

Billun
Guide
Guide

My wife upgraded from 2.4.9 by mistake so now we both have these issues.

I will happily participate in your field trial, anything to get this working again.

Billun
Guide
Guide

Ok, for one last try I removed the cameras and hard resetted the base station one more time and started from scratch.

I resynced the base station and the cameras and recreated all modes and schedules again and now everyting is working.

I can arm, disarm and enable the schedule. I get a notification when a camera detects a movement (a bit sluggish compared to earlier) and it records according to my settings.

Nick_357
Star
Star

Tried the same as you but no luck.

- Removed the cameras in the app

- Removed the base station in the app

- Deleted App

- Reinstalled App

- New install of base stations and cameras

- Still just ”getting information...”

- Also tried a fresh installation by adding base and cameras using Windows, but same result in the IOS app.

Also a lot of bugs in the windows login. schedule is not available, cannot edit armed mode.

Billun
Guide
Guide

Did you reset the base station as well?

A paperclip on the reset button for 10 sec, I did try this about a week ago with no progress so maybe I just got lucky this time.

Nick_357
Star
Star

Sorry, missed that part. Yes, I performed a hard reset before installing again.

Billun
Guide
Guide

Then that is really strange, as I said I did try a total reset about a week ago whith exacly the same outcome as you. 

I rechecked the firmware on my base station and it is still the same as yours, 1.10.0.4_20963.

Nick_357
Star
Star

IT WORKS AGAIN !!!

New firmware today in both base stations (1.10.0.7_21310). Modes are back on both Iphone and Ipad running 2.5.4.

Tried Geofencing and seem to work.

JamesC: Thank you for the update. I will test functionality for a few days and report back in this thread if I encounter any bugs.

Only thing so far is that schedule is still not possible for monday starting 00.00. But works if set to 00:01.

But in the future, you need to test new firmware releases more thoroughly before automatically pushing them out to customers. Security systems are too important to mess up like this.

But for now I am a happy Arlo user again.

Billun
Guide
Guide

When I checked this morning I can also see that my firmware had changed to 1.10.0.7_21310, maybe it just took some time to be visible in the app.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nick_357 wrote:

Only thing so far is that schedule is still not possible for monday starting 00.00. But works if set to 00:01.

The old software stopped at 11:59PM and started at 12:00AM. Have you tried that, just for legacy consistency purposes?

Nick_357
Star
Star

Being in Europe we have the 24h setting. So schedule time settings can be set from 00.00 to 23.59.

I have the following armed settings on one base station from 10 pm to 6 am.

22:00 - 23.59

00:01 - 06:00 (00:00 causes mondays to not stick)

Billun
Guide
Guide

In the new scheduler I was able to set it from 10.00 pm - 12.00 am and from 12.00 am to 07.00 am.

Billun
Guide
Guide

A short feedback, I`ve been running this firmware for a couple of days now and all functions seems to work again. 

The only thing is that the responsivness seems to be slower, it takes 1-2 seconds more before the cameras starts recording.