Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Bigtrev
Tutor
Tutor

I have 3 pro 4s and a hub. 

Since my intro subscription ran out I intend on utilizing a USB as I initially intended. I have the USB set up and it shows that storage space IS being used up. If I access the USB on my CPU the information shows up but not in library when connected to my wifi. 

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. I've spent about 8 hours on this problem solving and forum tralling with no avail. Help, I guess?

Screenshot_20220907-210553.png

Screenshot_20220907-211227.png

Screenshot_20220907-211218.png

125 REPLIES 125
lakeechoes
Tutor
Tutor

No, not using a Friend account. Finally figured out that my hub no longer was discoverable. I've done the steps to add it but after 5 tries (both with my phone and using a laptop) it still isn't added. I was going to try the factory reset but was concerned that I'd have to reset all the cameras too. Do you know if that would be necessary?

I haven't done the newest update as I've been reading that some are having problems with it. Would like to get this resolved before having more problems.

Right now it is hooked up to my internet as the light is a solid blue and cameras are working. Just can't record videos. It's just the app can't find it. And without that I can't change it to local storage (my trial subscription just ran out). I'm afraid if I do a factory reset and don't do the cameras (just don't have the time today) that the cameras will be offline.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lakeechoes wrote:

I was going to try the factory reset but was concerned that I'd have to reset all the cameras too. Do you know if that would be necessary?

Yes, it would be.  FWIW, the cameras should be removed from the account when you remove the base.

And I agree that onboarding is a pain (often far more difficult than it should be).

lakeechoes
Tutor
Tutor

UGH. Was hoping I wouldn't have to do all that. Thanks for your help. I'm beginning to think I should have gone with a different brand.

mharps
Apprentice
Apprentice

When the Arlo system works it is great but when it doesn’t, the lack of support, the unexpected changes in software/firmware not to mention the frustration means that personally I would never purchase an Arlo system again. I would opt for a professionally installed home system.

TomBaki
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue,

since a couple of weeks, I can’t access the videos on the memory card in the base station. Never intended to use a subscription. Is this an evil way for Arlo to push me towards a subscription? Is there a fix? Thanks for any information on this. Very annoying issue. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TomBaki wrote:

since a couple of weeks, I can’t access the videos on the memory card in the base station.

What base model do you have? 

TomBaki
Guide
Guide

My base model is a VMB5000r4,

Thanks for your help,

best regards,

Tom

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If rebooting the hub and reformatting the card doesn't help, the brute force method may be needed by removing the hub (and all attached cameras) and starting fresh. That's apparently helped some regain control.

TomBaki
Guide
Guide

Great!

full removal seems to have worked. No fun since I have to climb om my roof to reconnect the camera’s . But it worked! Thanks for the advise

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi,

Are we still experiencing this issue? 

Stackypancakes
Aspirant
Aspirant

I know I’m still having this issue on and off with iOS 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Stackypancakes 

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you a experiencing?

Thanks 

Bigtrev
Tutor
Tutor

Hey there Shayne. 

I know it's been a while. Very busy here. That being said my hub local storage is working as expected now. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Bigtrev 

Thank you for the update. 

Maxx21
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here. In the past I restarted the smart hub and could see the videos that are stored locally. Now that doesn’t work.

”videos stored on base station are not available”

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Maxx21 

When did this issue occur? May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? 

evilarloplan
Initiate
Initiate

The Arlo Secure app on my android (galaxy S10) phone does not even have the option above for 'Direct Storage Access'.  APPARENTLY, the VMB4000 base station does not allow for this functionality.  what is the point of having local storage if I always have to disconnect the USB and plug into my computer just to view any recorded video???  And dont tell me I have to get a subscription.  Why charge full cost of the camera then also then charge a huge monthly subscription on top?  That is ridiculous.  How would anyone know if they buy a newer camera (arlo pro 4 in my case) that their older base station (even thought it is listed as 'compatible') would not allow streaming of recorded video nor any length of free cloud storage.  The Arlo Pro 2's that I have had for years still allow a week of free cloud storage and recorded video access with local storage. 

This is a bait and switch plain and simple.

chickenchick
Star
Star

I regret buying this Arlo Pro4 with Hub with a non-working local storage.

I have 2 pro4s with local recording by the Hub. The local library works on and off but most of the time DOES NOT WORK!! Once the library is loaded successfully, there is memory on the app. Even the local storage doesn’t load and shows “Video stored in Base Station are not available. Please check your internet connection”, I click on those “memory” footage on the app, the footage COULD be loaded. 

It is very very annoying. And I regret much buying a NON WORKING camera!! 

chickenchick
Star
Star

I couldn’t believe it’s been more than a year and the problem persists!

Arlo isn’t cheap to buy and doesn’t deliver!! Regret buying it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@chickenchick

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

chickenchick
Star
Star

Your support is literally useless.

the hub I have is VMC4540 but the bot has mistaken mine as a discontinued VMC4030 and shut me out of a chatting to an agent.

when you have several ways to solve the problem, please post here and I don’t have to hassle looking for an agent online.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@chickenchick wrote:

the hub I have is VMC4540 but the bot has mistaken mine as a discontinued VMC4030 and shut me out of a chatting to an agent.

Select a Pro 4 camera in the subscription plan (not the smarthub) and then contact support. 

There is a bug in the support interface, if you try to get support on a base, it will misidentify the device as a Pro (VMC4030) camera.

CrashD
Tutor
Tutor

"Videos stored on Base Station are not available.  Please check your connection settings."

System was set up properly and worked for months.  Can no longer view videos.  Receiving this message when attempting to view the videos stored on USB drive inserted into base station.  I do not have a subscription.  Problem is duplicated across multiple Apple devices.  Based on my searches this is obviously an ongoing problem.

I have rebooted base station both before and after connecting ethernet cable.  Have removed and reinstalled USB drive.  Videos on USB drive are viewable on my desktop.  I have NOT reset/wiped cameras and base station and started over and really don't want to spend hours doing that.  Clicking "Learn More' is useless as it only leads to the Arlo home page

It appears from previous discussions that this is an Arlo firmware problem.

chickenchick
Star
Star

I have the same problem with my Arlo Pro 4 & VMC4540. I cannot view the locally stored footages.

2 so-called “gurus” here are directing me to the useless online chat rather than giving us a solution here in the forum community (furious). They are NOT ADMITTING there is a PROBLEM WITH ARLO FIRMWIRE itself.

the online chat guy was asking me to do useless things like reformatting the USB Drive, unplugging the Hub, trying the USB drive on desktop. I already told them the USB drive is working fine & the hub was rebooted a million times.

For Arlo’s info, in very rare instance the USB Drive is read successfully with a list of videos shown on my iOS app, the list is saved & on the next time when the error message is shown, I STILL can download the video on the list. IT IS OBVIOUSLY ARLO’s FIRMWIRE PROBLEM. 

COME OUT TO ADMIT IT & YOU ARE FORCING US TO BUY A SUBSCRIPTION. Arlo is not cheap to buy and you offered local storage and you are meant to abide by that, rather than luring us into a trap.

chickenchick

a FURIOUS customer

Discussion stats