I have 3 pro 4s and a hub.
Since my intro subscription ran out I intend on utilizing a USB as I initially intended. I have the USB set up and it shows that storage space IS being used up. If I access the USB on my CPU the information shows up but not in library when connected to my wifi.
If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. I've spent about 8 hours on this problem solving and forum tralling with no avail. Help, I guess?
- Related Labels:
When I try to access the videos in my library via my base local storage, I get a message stating "there was an error obtaining your library and the Arlo team is working on it".
Prior to me resetting all my devices and this and reinstalling the app, the app just shut down. Now at least I get this error message but Arlo tells me there are no issues with my base library. This has been going on for weeks with multiple "feedback" attempts to Arlo Support and finally a chat with Arlo today. I do not have a paid plan and local storage was working at one point. Has anyone else experienced and/or resolved this?
I seem to think that there must be a problem with the most recent firmware update to the VMB5000, or a problem with the app on iOS 16.
Everything was working fine to record to an SD card, and it still is, but I can’t access the drive through the app. Not sure which it is, but I know there was a firmware update on the same day as the iOS 16 release, and since then I have been unable to get access to the sd card through the app. My port forwarding option no longer works as well. I checked all settings and checking again, this must be an issue on Arlo’s end.
For Android, the OS update to Android 13 caused crashes and lack of access to local recordings (the choice to select the hub was not present). There was an app update that fixed the crashes but not the local recordings. The September OS update has fixed the local recording issue without a new app being needed.
How this relates to iOS, I have no idea.
I also just recently (automatically) lost the ability to access the SD library using the Arlo App on both iPhone and iPad. I believe it's app related since I do not get the error messages when using a browser. I have a static IP-address for the hub and have checked and double ensured the Port Forwarding matches both on the hub and my router.
I also just recently (automatically) lost the ability to access the SD library using the Arlo App on both iPhone and iPad. I believe it's app related since I do not get the error messages when using a browser.
FWIW, you cannot access the SD library from a browser, only the app.
The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.
Thanks - didn't know I couldn't access the videos from a browser and since I had formated the SD from the App when trying to get things working, which actually worked fine - and since I don't get the same error message when accessing the Library through a browser I hoped that future recorded SD files would be accessible from the browser - my bad.
This problem is really annoying and I genuinely regret buying the Arlo devices/system due to the technical issues I've had since the expiration of the ridiculously expensive Arlo Cloud subscription service.
After spending hours removing devices, resetting, adding devices, removing the Arlo App, reinstalling, talking to support, etc and once I removed the devices the Live streaming stopped working and couldn’t get it working again. I figured it must be something wrong with the smarthub so I drove to a store and purchased an identical unit and bam, everything works. Should be interesting to see if Arlo will take the broken device and fix it free of charge or not.
Obviously not fixed as the issue is still occurring. I’m using an iPhone X and have a VMB4540 base unit. Wish I had never purchased this Arlo rubbish - should have gotten a professional system instead - recent costing was cheaper than the Arlo stuff and better cameras etc.