Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to access Library

Discussion stats
Bigtrev
Tutor
Tutor

I have 3 pro 4s and a hub. 

Since my intro subscription ran out I intend on utilizing a USB as I initially intended. I have the USB set up and it shows that storage space IS being used up. If I access the USB on my CPU the information shows up but not in library when connected to my wifi. 

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. I've spent about 8 hours on this problem solving and forum tralling with no avail. Help, I guess?

Screenshot_20220907-210553.png

Screenshot_20220907-211227.png

Screenshot_20220907-211218.png

125 REPLIES 125
Bigtrev
Tutor
Tutor

Screenshot_20220908-114102.png

 are we expecting Arlo to roll out an update?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bigtrev wrote:

Screenshot_20220908-114102.png

 are we expecting Arlo to roll out an update?

Not sure if your issue is on their radar or not.  @JamesC - is this been put on the bug list?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The recent app update fixed the app crash when logging in but not access to local recordings. Hopefully that's coming soon.

Bigtrev
Tutor
Tutor

So we are just at mercy of folks to get this rolling out? Which could be never. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the feedback, let me have this investigated and I'll update the thread as soon as I have more info. 

Bigtrev
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you good sir I appreciate the efforts.

Abigayle
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I try to access the videos in my library via my base local storage, I get a message stating "there was an error obtaining your library and the Arlo team is working on it".

Prior to me resetting all my devices and this and reinstalling the app, the app just shut down. Now at least I get this error message but Arlo tells me there are no issues with my base library.  This has been going on for weeks with multiple "feedback" attempts to Arlo Support and finally a chat with Arlo today. I do not have a paid plan and local storage was working at one point. Has anyone else experienced and/or resolved this?

Dbensette
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS 

I seem to think that there must be a problem with the most recent firmware update to the VMB5000, or a problem with the app on iOS 16.

Everything was working fine to record to an SD card, and it still is, but I can’t access the drive through the app. Not sure which it is, but I know there was a firmware update on the same day as the iOS 16 release, and since then I have been unable to get access to the sd card through the app. My port forwarding option no longer works as well. I checked all settings and checking again, this must be an issue on Arlo’s end.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

For Android, the OS update to Android 13 caused crashes and lack of access to local recordings (the choice to select the hub was not present). There was an app update that fixed the crashes but not the local recordings. The September OS update has fixed the local recording issue without a new app being needed.

How this relates to iOS, I have no idea.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dbensette

Noted, thank you for the additional info. I will update the thread when more info is received. 

MLordin
Tutor
Tutor

I also just recently (automatically) lost the ability to access the SD library using the Arlo App on both iPhone and iPad. I believe it's app related since I do not get the error messages when using a browser. I have a static IP-address for the hub and have checked and double ensured the Port Forwarding matches both on the hub and my router.   

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MLordin wrote:

I also just recently (automatically) lost the ability to access the SD library using the Arlo App on both iPhone and iPad. I believe it's app related since I do not get the error messages when using a browser. 

FWIW, you cannot access the SD library from a browser, only the app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this occurring with Android or iOS?

Abigayle
Aspirant
Aspirant

Android

MLordin
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks - didn't know I couldn't access the videos from a browser and since I had formated the SD from the App when trying to get things working, which actually worked fine - and since I don't get the same error message when accessing the Library through a browser I hoped that future recorded SD files would be accessible from the browser  - my bad.

This problem is really annoying and I genuinely regret buying the Arlo devices/system due to the technical issues I've had since the expiration of the ridiculously expensive Arlo Cloud subscription service. 

MLordin
Tutor
Tutor

for me problem is on both iPhone and iPad running IOS 15.6.1 

MLordin
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem on recently released IOS 15.7 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Dbensette

Thanks for the update. Have you tried removing and reinstalling the app after you noticed this?

MLordin
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, uninstalled the app, reinstalled, still the same problem.

MLordin
Tutor
Tutor

After spending hours removing devices, resetting, adding devices, removing the Arlo App, reinstalling, talking to support, etc and once I removed the devices the Live streaming stopped working and couldn’t get it working again. I figured it must be something wrong with the smarthub so I drove to a store and purchased an identical unit and bam, everything works. Should be interesting to see if Arlo will take the broken device and fix it free of charge or not.

Bigtrev
Tutor
Tutor

Tha KS for the update. Looks like this thread has gone a little cold. Hoping to hear from Arlo soon. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey everyone,

I have been informed, the issue has been reproduced by the Dev team and I'm waiting for an update on when the fix will be released. 

sherob
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there an update on this?

Thanks,

Robert

mharps
Apprentice
Apprentice

Obviously not fixed as the issue is still occurring. I’m using an iPhone X and have a VMB4540 base unit. Wish I had never purchased this Arlo rubbish - should have gotten a professional system instead - recent costing was cheaper than the Arlo stuff and better cameras etc.

Discussion stats