Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unable to access Library

Discussion stats
Bigtrev
Tutor
Tutor

I have 3 pro 4s and a hub. 

Since my intro subscription ran out I intend on utilizing a USB as I initially intended. I have the USB set up and it shows that storage space IS being used up. If I access the USB on my CPU the information shows up but not in library when connected to my wifi. 

If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears. I've spent about 8 hours on this problem solving and forum tralling with no avail. Help, I guess?

Screenshot_20220907-210553.png

Screenshot_20220907-211227.png

Screenshot_20220907-211218.png

125 REPLIES 125
rzmuda
Aspirant
Aspirant

We have the same issue here. The main admin cant see the video anymore even when it has multiple notification on the lib icon

We have the latest as far as I know.

We us local storage with a usb drive

Also the 2 other user accounts cant see the base station in there app it that normal?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rzmuda wrote:

Also the 2 other user accounts cant see the base station in there app it that normal?

Yes. Unfortunately, Direct access to local storage is only available to the primary account.

sherob
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s been almost 2 months… where are we on this? Can’t believe this is taking so long for a fix!!!

Dub
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Folks,

I had this problem also (couldn't access locally stored videos from the app) I just deleted all devices & the app (but left the SD card in the base) reloaded app, connected the smarthub base to the app, connected 3 x ultra cameras. I could then access all the videos that i'd been trying to see over the last 48 hours.  Unfortunately, any motion that has been triggered on the cameras since the reset/reinstall cannot be accessed/seen ?

Dub
Aspirant
Aspirant

Folks,

I just noticed 'Homekit' (which I hadn't heard of before?) , I have an iphone 12 mini, so I thought i'd download the app & link it to my arlo setup.

After getting 'Homekit' all done , my locally stored videos are appearing & viewable on my local WiFi but also anywhere away from home via port forwarding. I don't intend to use Homekit as I'm already happy with 'Google Home'.  I suppose ill just leave Homekit in the background of my iphone just so i can continue to see my locally stored videos.  Cheers.

ed2028
Star
Star

I have started having the same problem since yesterday. Everything was ok and I was able to see recordings on my USB and yesterday nothing. Even checking the USB directly on my computer there are no new recordings. Now I reformatted the drive and still nothing... it's completely empty (even though local storage switch is ON).

I tried pretty much all suggestions in this thread. Restarting, resetting to factory defaults, re-adding the cams...  

I have Arlo 3 Pro cams and VMB4540r2 hub. Nothing changed in my setup between last week and this week. So not really sure what else to do.

mharps
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

As at this morning, my system started working again. I had given up after following all the suggested steps because the problem continued regardless.

I have no idea why it now works, maybe a firmware update was auto installed that fixed the problem.

Maybe you could check if there are any base station firmware updates available to install.

Arlo quite frankly sucks.

ed2028
Star
Star

mharps, you had the same issue where the recordings were not even visible on the USB once plugged in the computer?

mharps
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, I could see the recordings when the usb drive was plugged into a computer. Was unable to access the recordings when the usb drive was plugged into the base station. And yes I was connected via the same network at home.

ed2028
Star
Star

Ah so at least you had some way of seeing the recordings. Me my USB is just blank now 😞 Strange because when I initially set it up it was straightforward, nothing special. Just enabled the switch.

Errolca
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of Dec 12, I can no longer access my locally stored videos on USB.  I have not changed anything.

I still get the alert on my app, with a screenshot of the activity, but there is no video recorded.  

Again, this is new.  I've been using my cameras and app this way for the last 3 months.

I am not on cloud or anything like that.

Something has changed on the Arlo side of things.

mharps
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well Arlo have done it again. Screwed up local recordings . As of today, local recordings have stopped. Yesterday it was working perfectly and I was able to access the recordings via the app. Today no recordings shown in the app even though I am being sent messages about something being detected via 4 cameras. 
I’ve said it before and again now, this sort of system is rubbish and not worth wasting your money on. 

mharps
Apprentice
Apprentice

Actually just discovered that the app is correct, there are no recordings today. All triggers of cameras result in a message being sent to my phone but no recordings are being made to the local storage. I have lost all faith in Arlo products and will never recommend them to anyone in the future. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have exactly the same issue. Without a subscription, we are screwed. Older cameras will still work and library videos are recorded and viewable. The Pro4-No. Pro-tip...whatever you do, do NOT allow an agent to pass your phone number off to a Tech Support person. They will call you and want to install remote connection software on your computer, tell you something like, "Your problem is your network has been hacked/compromised. I can secure it and monitor it for $200. Don't grant them remote access or let them even look inside your computer or Base Station. That's not the problem. It's you not paying a subscription fee that's the issue. 

Solution:  Subscribe or no library. Older cameras should still work fine.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

"Well Arlo have done it again. Screwed up local recordings ."

The answer to this issue is a question:  Is it a feature or a bug? 

*hint..."suscription"

mharps
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi all,

I seem to have resolved the non recording locally issue but not sure how long it will last.

Steps involved:

- ejected local storage (2tb usb drive)

- powered down the base unit

and left it off for several minutes

- powered on base unit

- connected a 16gig card

- formatted the card

- enabled local storage

- disconnected and reconnected each camera

Now local recordings and the ability to view them is happening again.

Note: I have been using the 2Tb usb drive ever since local storage has been available.

And the above steps were carried out with the usb drive before swapping the media type.  

Hopefully it will keep working.

Bigtrev
Tutor
Tutor

Didn't work for me. 

lakeechoes
Tutor
Tutor

When clicking on 'library' in the app I do not get anything to click on for a drop down menu. I'm using an older android phone. How do I make sure I'm set up for local storage now that my trial subscription has run out? I did sync the cameras to the hub when I initially set them up. Thanks for any help you can give me as I'm not too tech savvy.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lakeechoes wrote:

When clicking on 'library' in the app I do not get anything to click on for a drop down menu.

What model smarthub do you have?  The feature requires a VMB4540 or a VMB5000.

There are also settings for the smarthub (in the storage section) that need to be turned on.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
lakeechoes
Tutor
Tutor

VMB4540

When I use the app on my phone and go to Settings, there is no Storage section to click on. And nothing on SmartHub.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHich app are you using? Have you tried the web client, too? To set up local recording, you have to go to Settings, My Devices, your hub, and scroll down to look for the storage settings.

lakeechoes
Tutor
Tutor

Using the Arlo Secure app. The hub doesn't come up under devices. Only my cameras show.

I'll try using the web. Thank you so much for your help!

lakeechoes
Tutor
Tutor

It appears that my hub wasn't added. So I've now tried 5 times to add it while on the web. Keeps coming back saying Arlo can't locate it. And this is even when I'm standing 3 ft away with my laptop.And I know it's connected to my internet as the blue light is on the hub.

This is getting so frustrating.

It does give me the option of doing a factory reset. If I do that does that mean I'll have to delete and re-add all the cameras?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lakeechoes wrote:

VMB4540

When I use the app on my phone and go to Settings, there is no Storage section to click on. And nothing on SmartHub.

Are you using a "friend" account (with the cameras shared from another account)?

Discussion stats