Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Pro 4, "Your device is fully charged" notifications have started alerting, and no way to turn off.

Discussion stats
SDRob01
Guide
Guide

Started getting these "#### is Fully Charged" notifications today on Galaxy S23 phone (Android 14).  Never used to get them before.  There is no way to turn battery notifications off, since they are included in the same generic "Notifications" category, so unless you turn off ALL motion and other important notifications, phone is now nagging with notifications about battery being fully charged.

My Arlo cameras are permanently connected to power sources so I'm not concerned about battery status.

Arlo support confirmed there's no way to turn off just battery charging/charged notifications.  😕

Has anyone else noticed this recently (June 2024)? 

Running latest version of app 4.14.6  on Android 14, Galaxy S23 Ultra One running UI 6.1

Screenshot_20240619_142801_One UI Home.jpg

92 REPLIES 92
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Mbennis yours have been moved over. You will not see that tell tomorrow morning. 

@Badbrd8500 you have different camera then these and the build is not for that. 

Flinnwood61
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is being done for those of us with Essential 2K cameras having this same issue?  Now 6+ weeks of these annoying notifications.  If Arlo is going to ignore the rest of us we need a method to request a refund.

MannyValencia
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN Hi, can you please move my cameras to the developmental build? I am also constantly receiving these alerts

Thanks

SN's:

A47E277PF26F1

AB63367AD7291

A47E277BF21BC

A434277WD14A7

A47E287RD89D8

A434277UD155C

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MannyValencia all the Essential Cameras have been moved over. The Ultra cameras cannot be moved as the experimental build isn't for that camera. I will keep you updated on any changes to this. 

jwalker0011
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is up with the battery fully charged notifications? This is honestly making me want to change companies. I get over 10 notifications about my battery being fully charged. I don't care to have this mess send to my phone! Does anyone know how to turn this crap off? And if I disable my notifications then I will not get informed on the real notifications that I care about. Arlo is really close to losing my business because of this dumb notification mess.

vicman426
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN can you please help me get one of my cameras in the experimental build to stop the "fully charged" notifications? I have an Essential Outdoor Camera connected directly to a plug (firmware 1.4.3_847_b21d876).

Model: VMC3050Aer1.4

Serial No: 

Thank you.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am looking into this now, I will update you as soon as possible. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I can have you moved over to a experimental build that will stop those notifications if you would like me to. 

jwalker0011
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes please

vicman426
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes please!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jwalker0011 can you dm me the serial number of the camera or is it all of them?

@vicman426 I have not forgotten about you I promise. The person that moves these over for me has been out. I will get these moved over asap.

Flinnwood61
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please add my Essential 2K Camera to the build list.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Flinnwood61 I do not have one for the Essential 2 as of yet. But it is being looked into. 

svanesch
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN 
Is it available for the Arlo Essential Spotlight camera?
Having the same issue with the battery full message getting spammed to my phone.

FW: 1.090.34.0_11_05ab229

HW: VMC2030AerH9

SN: A5DF3C7JD01F2

svanesch
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC @BrookeN @ShayneS 
Is the experimental build also available for the Arlo Essential Spotlight camera?
Having the same issue with the battery full message getting spammed to my phone so I hade to turn all messages off.

PS. Is there any hope for a update coming soon to mute these message seperatly in the app?

FW: 1.090.34.0_11_05ab229

HW: VMC2030AerH9

SN: A5DF3C7JD01F2

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jwalker0011  and @svanesch those cameras have been moved. Please allow 24 hours to see that. 

@Flinnwood61 yours is a E2 camera those do not have a experimental build as of yet. I will update you as soon as possible. 

Kalyander
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN 

Can I get a camera moved over to the experimental build please?

Thanks!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Kaylyander this has been moved over. 

Discussion stats