Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Out of nowhere last night one of my Arlo pro4s went offline. All my other cameras are online . I tried rebooting router and un inserting the battery . When I un inserted the battery and put back in the LED blinked blue rapidly, then picked up motion worked for an hour then offline again. What else should I do and why could this be happening? Does the update have something to do with it? 

#support #arlopro4 #offline

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing all your feedback, we have rolled back the firmware to the previous version. Can you please reboot your camera(s) and test again. Please let me know if you still experience this issue.

Thank you 

188 REPLIES 188
ztw220
Star
Star

Yes. Hard reset three times. Works for a bit. Then goes back offline. Had it happen to me again today. Reset it at 1pm. And just went offline about a half hour ago. 

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ugh how frustrating! Did you speak to anyone through the support feature? Im hoping they are working on a fix for all of us since we’re all having the same exact issue and it’s most likely firmware related #support #arlopro4 #outage #troubleshoot

Azzure44
Aspirant
Aspirant

3 days ago updated my 4x Arlo Pro 4 cameras to latest firware version 1.080.20.0_17_1a8a9cf. Unfortunately, they now drain from 100% battery to 0% within 12 hours which then cause the cameras to go offline. 

I have also noticed that they stay stuck with the red night vision lights on at all times.

Anyone else having any issues with this? 

Matt_NZ
Guide
Guide

I have my cameras plugged into a solar panel and saw the batteries were drained much faster than usual, thought it was because there wasn’t enough sun, but I guess it’s the firmware…I’m also getting the issue of not being able to go into live view. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this issue as well?

Sinensis
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here with all Pro 4 cameras I got. Seems that this new firmware is buggy.

tmb-19
Star
Star

I’ve got the same issue here with both of my cameras. These worked maintenance free for over a year and started having problems in the last week. No changes on my side. Has Arlo acknowledged the problem?

tmb-19
Star
Star

Same here

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Can everyone please go to Arlo and complain ? I talked to two different support reps they said Arlo has no knowledge of this issue. It’s just going to keep happening for all of us . Mine went offline again as of 2 am completely unreliable. If this continues past tomorrow I’m buying a  different brand camera because I can’t always be home to do hard resets @Arlo @JamesC

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What happens if you remove the camera from your account and add it back?

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Arlo claims they have no record of this issue going on. We all have to contact them through the support feature and online so they can hopefully find a quick resolution. I’m getting tired of climbing a ladder daily to do a hard reset it’s too much and I feel like the reps aren’t escalating it to any higher department over there 

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have been having issues with my Arlo pro 4 going offline since last week. I tried the hard reset multiple times and it stays online for a day and goes offline at night just like some other people reported . We are all reporting the same exact issue and nobody at Arlo is helping. They are putting a bandaid on the problem without actually fixing it. I was told they have no knowledge of this issue after I reported it twice and according to some others I spoke with they reported it as well. The other models of cameras are unaffected so it’s an Arlo pro 4 issue probably firmware related. Does anyone know how to get in touch with someone at Arlo via email etc instead of the support app?  I cannot have them going offline every single day and there is no timeline of a fix in place. Who else is having this problem? 

ztw220
Star
Star

Attempted a chat with support and they denied any issues with cameras being offline. Then disconnected. Almost comedic. I guess I’ll have to find a number to call. Does anyone have that? 

IMG_7781.jpeg

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m not surprised, I used to have ring and their support was actually good it was just the camera themselves that sucked . Now it’s the opposite you can’t truly get in touch with someone or get a fix unless it’s a worldwide outage. And when you do get in touch it’s a circus lol. I found a number online ..maybe try your luck and let me know what happens? It’s 408-638-3750 found it on a site with upset customers 

tmb-19
Star
Star

I'm going to spend some time troubleshooting mine today. I've got them both sitting next to the wireless router and going to see if I get the same issues. I'll log a support request with them tomorrow during US business hours. One would think that they have access to logs that show devices with this version of the firmware frequently dropping from the network. 

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

Exact same problem here that began Friday affecting all 5 of my Pro4 cameras.  I spent a lot of money on these cameras and the service but this may be the last straw.  This company cannot push a software update without creating more problems than it fixed.  Arlo is unacceptable.

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

That’s exactly what I’m saying. We all spend way too much money between the products and subscriptions to have service like this. And get no help when we are working with their support teams. @ShayneS can you please look into this and escalate this with whoever handles the updates and fixing issues such as these at Arlo?  All of these people including myself have an issue with the Arlo pro 4 after the update and if this is not resolved I will no longer be buying any Arlo products and switch companies for good. I’d rather not but this is unacceptable that none of us have received help . Thank you 

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

This is what I get now on all of my cameras when I attempt to watch live.  I've tried rebooting them all and pulling the battery out of some.  Nothing helps.  😡

Screenshot 2023-07-16 133305.jpg

ztw220
Star
Star

welcome to the club @Barc 

i cannot believe i was put off by support so bad. I amazoned myself a ring to replace the main camera that we used for the arlo and frankly, its app and video is better. maybe not as good at picking up subtle motion but cmon... Arlo needs to do better. 

I dont have time this afternoon to call but thanks for the number @Tonered12 ill try tmrw.

the saga of rebooting continues

AHansen
Star
Star

Four of my six Arlo Pro4 cameras have been spontaneously cycling offline.  (For some reason two of my cameras have not yet had this problem.).  I removed the four cameras that were going offline from my Arlo network and then re-added.  All of my six cameras have been working normally for the past 24 hours.  We'll see how long it lasts, but so far, the process of removing the camera from the Arlo system and then re-adding it has been working for me.

AHansen
Star
Star

For those who are still having a problem with the recycling, I suggest you take 3 minutes to leave the following review of the Arlo App on the App store.  

I have X# of Arlo ProX cameras.  Following a recent firmware update my cameras have become unusable.  The cameras spontaneously disconnect from the WiFi network and, therefore, do not transmit any data.  The batteries drain in a matter of hours, apparently attempting to reconnect to the WiFi network.  I have manually reset my cameras a number of times.  Most of the time resetting the camera will cause the camera to reconnect to the WiFi network temporarily, but within 10 minutes or maybe up to 8 hours, the camera recycles offline again.  A number of Arlo camera owners are experiencing this problem of the camera spontaneously cycling offline and none of us has been able to get help from the support desk.  Arlo makes a nice camera, but until they figure out how to fix their firmware problems you should not buy this camera.  It does not work.

You will get a response.

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do I have to go to the App Store? I can’t find a place to leave a review 

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Okay I just figured it out and left one. I hope I get a response and they are aware of this issue so we can all get this fixed! 

AHansen
Star
Star

Thanks

Barc
Luminary
Luminary

Thanks for the suggestion.  I just left the review along with a 1 star rating for the Arlo app on Google Play.

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m in another discussion with everyone having the same exact issue as of recent. We’ve all tried the hard reset and nothing works , it’s a daily chore now to reset remove the camera and add it back . I contacted app support a few times and nobody has created a fix just bandaids for it is definitely firmware related it stays online for the day and at night goes offline. All other models unaffected besides Arlo pro4