Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 4 offline

Discussion stats
Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Out of nowhere last night one of my Arlo pro4s went offline. All my other cameras are online . I tried rebooting router and un inserting the battery . When I un inserted the battery and put back in the LED blinked blue rapidly, then picked up motion worked for an hour then offline again. What else should I do and why could this be happening? Does the update have something to do with it? 

#support #arlopro4 #offline

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Thank you for providing all your feedback, we have rolled back the firmware to the previous version. Can you please reboot your camera(s) and test again. Please let me know if you still experience this issue.

Thank you 

188 REPLIES 188
Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

And I woke up this morning to the battery almost dead and it’s back online..

TheMatimus
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, last night my cameras went down one at a time until all 3 were saying "offline". I reset my wifi after a couple of hours and gave up, as it was late at night. I did replace one battery in the most important one, just to be safe and see if the 10 second reset would help and it did not. 

Upon waking up this morning all 3 were still down. I went out and changed another battery, when I did the camera with a fresh battery came back online and both say that the batteries are dead now... One camera in a hard to reach area is yet to even reconnect, assuming that battery is now out of juice. To clarify, my batteries were at 70% or above yesterday morning and I bought these cameras 5-6 months ago.

Has anyone else had this issue or know what happened? 

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

It was online all day and now it’s offline again

AHansen
Star
Star

I am having the same issue.  I have 6 Arlo Pro 4 cameras.  Firmware 1.080.20.0_17_1a8a9cf.  Hardware. VMC4041PAerH4. Starting yesterday, the cameras randomly (seemingly) drop off the network.  The batteries are all fully charged.  I have restarted the cameras multiple times.  I have rebooted the router.  When I reinstall the battery the blue light comes on, as it does when it connects to the network, but then it fails shortly there after and unit is then offline.  I have never had this problem before, but starting a couple days ago it is persistent and I cannot figure out a solution.

Randicox3
Star
Star

I have 3 Arlo pro 4 wireless cameras and 2 of them have been doing this the last several nights. It works all day and as soon as it gets dark outside they stop working in the app but continue to run and I end up with dead batteries the next morning. The other camera did a factory reset on its own about a month ago and I haven’t had the chance to get a ladder to reconnect it to my account. 

ztw220
Star
Star

exact same thing happening to me, bad firmware update?

has there been a fix for this yet? i'm getting to the point where i would like to switch to a different camera system as i rely on these cameras daily. 

ricklb58
Guide
Guide

Ever since the last firmware update my cams all keep going off line then sometimes randomly come back online, but they are offline more than online. Making them about worthless. There is no customer support with Arlo. I am fed up I can not get a ladder out 10 times a day and keep pulling battery on all 3 cams. If they do not get this fixed soon I will  be posting a review everywhere giving ARLO  a 0 star rating, because I really have no security at all. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Of course, some troubleshooting to figure out why this is happening is useful. Distance, 2.4GHz wireless interference, house construction, things on/in walls, etc. can all get in there. You need to figure out what your environment is to make intelligent decisions.

ricklb58
Guide
Guide

All 3 cameras worked fine  for the past year and a half this issue just started after the last firmware update.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the cameras or hub, depending on how they're connected? Do you have a subscription? If so, you can use Settings, Support (Center) to select your camera model and contact official support.

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

hi everyone, my other cameras were unaffected so it has to be this model and the firmware. I was told to do a hard reset and so far it’s been overnight and both cameras are online. You have to take the camera inside , there is a sync button located on the bottom..press it for 15 seconds. Then it should blink red . Once it blinks red go to your app and remove the camera (in the app on the bottom of that camera press remove) then click add device and set it up again. It’s called a hard reset and it worked for me. I hope Arlo looks into this since it is happening to all of us #arlopro4 #troubleshooting 

ricklb58
Guide
Guide

I have no hub but yes I have rebooted cams and router still having the same issues. And the only customer service I can get to is some stupid bot in chat which is no help at all as well as all the articles. I can get no help at all so far

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You need a subscription to access official support - do you have one of any sort? Selecting a camera model inside the Support section of the app should provide additional options for such contact as long as you have a sub.

ricklb58
Guide
Guide

Yes I have a subscription I see no where to contact anyone

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like the cameras lost connection to your router and drained the batteries trying to reconnect. Did you have a power outage or router issues that may have caused this disconnect? 

AHansen
Star
Star

Thank you.  I'll give it a try.  My impression is that this problem started after a recent firmware update; hopefully a hard reset will fix the problem.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It varies somewhat depending on whether you're using the old user interface (UI) that uses Library to view videos or Feed to do the same thing on the new UI but it should basically be the same thing. Use the app, go to Settings, Support (Center) and click on your camera model. There should be something like a "Contact" section to choose Chat, Community or Phone. If you don't see that, verify that your sub is current and that all cameras are in that sub (if you have a current subscription, it's unlimited so all cameras would be included automatically). A screenshot or two of the Support area may be useful as well as one of the subscription.

ricklb58
Guide
Guide

Thanks I finally got through to customer service, not really happy with ARLO there only solution is at 65 years old I need to get a ladder out pull all the cameras down and uninstall and reinstall  them to my account if I have to do this after every firmware update I will be looking for another brand of camera.

ztw220
Star
Star

Appreciate the info. I will try that again… I had previously completed a hard reset on two arlopro4s that I had when this started.. They worked normally for 12-18 hours and then started the offline shenanigans again this morning. It must be firmware related. Hopefully arlo comes out with a patch or update soon. Hard resetting your cameras ever other day is a pain. 

Randicox3
Star
Star

I’m having the same issue as well as several others that I saw in another recent thread. I’ve had my cameras for a year as well and they are going offline as soon as it gets dark, come back on when daylight breaks, and then they’re almost dead when I check them in the mornings. It recently started happening so I’m thinking it was a firmware update as well. Hard rebooting only fixes for a few hours and then it starts again. Hopefully they can figure out what it is soon. 

Also, my pro 3 floodlight doesn’t do this and my doorbell doesn’t do it. I have 3 pro 4’s with one of them recently doing a factory reset automatically that was requested by arlo and it completely removed it from my account. It’s hard to climb a ladder every other day to try and fix them. 

ztw220
Star
Star

I have also noticed if you do this and have success (for X amount of time), the battery will be drained when you get back online. It’s clearly working and working hard, while it’s offline so have a spare charged. Mine went offline at 6am today and back online at 1pm. Went from 90% to 17%. 

Tonered12
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yess that happened to me! My battery was almost dead when it came back on. So you’re saying you did the hard reset and it went back offline? I hope Arlo fixes this because this is the first time this happened on and off like this 

AHansen
Star
Star

I have had the same experience with the battery being drained quickly while the camera is offline. 

TheMatimus
Initiate
Initiate

No, nothing abnormal. Apparently it happened to my brother's cameras as well.