Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 4 Model VMC4041P Stopped working

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Hokiehall
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my Arlo Pro 4 cameras has stopped transmitting. I have charged it, put a different battery in and still no transmission.  I removed the device and attempted to add it back and it cannot be found. The blue light blinks and it reads the QR code to start to find it, the blue light blinks a few seconds and then a gold light blinks a few seconds and it turns off. Basically it is useless.  Any ideas.   Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hokiehall
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears that the camera in question will not reconnect directly to the wifi router. There are 4 other cameras currently connected on the router.  Additionally I have 4 other older models connected through a smart hub.  I was able to connect the camera in question through the smart hub and it is now functioning through that.  

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Greg1806
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have the same model and the same problem today! I reset all my cameras yesterday, lot of problem since end of last year, very dispointing with Arlo...If anyone has a solution?

Hokiehall
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried resetting it several times to no avail.  I have several older models that run through a base station. I was able to connect it through the base station so it is working through that.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have a mesh network an individual wifi bands active? Did you happen to make any network changes with the SSID or password? 

Greg1806
Aspirant
Aspirant
No message network and no change with the SSID or Password. Sometimes one or two or all (three) cameras are offline (everyday). I trier also to change and block one band one the router but it change nothing. When the cameras are offline, I see them all connected to my router. One of the camera who is also offline sometimes is in one meter to the router. No change for more than one year and lot of problem since December. Few minutes ago, one of my camera was offline, I turned off the WiFi and then ON, all cameras are now connected...
Any idea?
Thanks
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

These cams are all connected directly to your router correct?

Hokiehall
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears that the camera in question will not reconnect directly to the wifi router. There are 4 other cameras currently connected on the router.  Additionally I have 4 other older models connected through a smart hub.  I was able to connect the camera in question through the smart hub and it is now functioning through that.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the update. 

Greg1806
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes from my side, the are directly connected to the router.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Greg1806

Is this issue still occurring now? 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation