Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
lightingafire9
Aspirant
Aspirant
I bought a set of three Arlo Pro 4 cameras two and a half years ago. We need to charge them a few times a year but haven't had an issue. One of the camera batteries died, so we charged it, and 24 hours later the battery had already depleted and needed to be recharged. We have not made any changes to the settings or location of the camera, there have been no drastic weather changes, or any other external factors that might cause this to happen. The firmware is 1.080.20.1_23_d50a19d, and it says "no updates available" when selecting it. I tried restarting the hub (firmware 1.21.1.0_1399_9611cf3, also with no updates available), taking the battery out, and reconnecting the wifi. The other two cameras are working fine- same firmware, same hub, also no changes. I saw a post from about six months ago from others who had this issue, which was caused by a firmware update, so I am not sure if there is a correlation there. Maybe I need to purchase a new battery? If it comes down to it, I can always return the devices to Costco, but I rather not deal with that. Any suggestions are appreciated.
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Swap cameras around to see if the issue stays with the camera or if it's something about the location.
lightingafire9
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, I tried it and this doesn't seem to be the issue.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
Are you meaning to say that the problem moved with the camera???? Or are you meaning to say that it stayed with the location????
lightingafire9
Aspirant
Aspirant
Sorry for not being clear. The problem is with the camera, not the location.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
Thanks. Did you try swapping the battery with another camera? That would help isolate the problem to either the camera or the battery.
lightingafire9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the suggestion. We fully charged the batteries and switched them, which has now confirmed that it's a camera issue-not a battery issue. At this point, I'm not sure what else to try.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lightingafire9 wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. We fully charged the batteries and switched them, which has now confirmed that it's a camera issue-not a battery issue. At this point, I'm not sure what else to try.

If the camera is still under warranty, you could do an RMA.

You might try putting in a fresh battery and doing a factory reset.  Remove the camera from the account, and then hold the sync button down until the camera flashes amber.  Then add it back to the account, and see if the battery drain still happens.

lightingafire9
Aspirant
Aspirant

I took the battery out and put it back in, charged it, turned off activity zones, changed the settings to "best battery life" and it seems to be working okay now! I will try resetting/syncing the camera if it happens again. Thanks again for your help!

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation