Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

System: VMB5000, three Pro 4 cameras and two Ultra 2 cameras

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pkincy
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I was running a VMB4000 and two Ultra 2s and two Pro 2s everything was working perfectly.    Now I only get 3 of the cameras being saved to the library.   One of the Pro 4s and both of the Ultra 2s will work, but will not save any activity  to the library.   Right now I have all of the five cameras being run through the VMB5000.   What do you suggest?   Would connecting a camera or two directly to wifi rather than running it through the VMB5000 help?   Or is one of my old cameras taking a streaming slot even though it is not showing at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pkincy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, yes and yes.   And the SD card is recording 4 of the 5 cameras just fine.   The problem is one of the new Pro 4 cameras.  I have ordered 3 new ones in the past month and one wouldn't update its firmware so was bricked and had to be RMAd.   This is the second bad one for the 3 pack.   It will connect easily.  It shows a strong wife connection.  It live streams, it shows motion on the sensitivity test.   The only thing it won't do is to upload a video or make a notification if you walk in front of it.  Not to the Cloud or to the VMB5000.   The other thing I noticed last night while continuing my troubleshooting is that the other thing it won't do that all the other cameras will do is activate the light when you trigger it at night.   I now have 7 cameras as I got two Eufy's yesterday.    All work well, both in bandwidth and notifications except this one Pro 4.   And it does everything but provide a notification or a video when triggered by motion.   Yet it shows it is sensitive to motion on the sensitivity test.     Puzzling.   I am working with support, but at this point I am going to simply trash the camera.   I know having 67% failure on a 3 camera purchase is not normal or Arlo would be bankrupt, but sometimes the odds get stacked against you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Do you have a subscription for the cameras? Check Settings, Subscription.

pkincy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not.   

pkincy
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am using an SD card on my VMB5000
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you set up local recordings by checking Storage Settings in the hub's settings? Did you format the card in those settings? Is the card at least 16GB?

pkincy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, yes and yes.   And the SD card is recording 4 of the 5 cameras just fine.   The problem is one of the new Pro 4 cameras.  I have ordered 3 new ones in the past month and one wouldn't update its firmware so was bricked and had to be RMAd.   This is the second bad one for the 3 pack.   It will connect easily.  It shows a strong wife connection.  It live streams, it shows motion on the sensitivity test.   The only thing it won't do is to upload a video or make a notification if you walk in front of it.  Not to the Cloud or to the VMB5000.   The other thing I noticed last night while continuing my troubleshooting is that the other thing it won't do that all the other cameras will do is activate the light when you trigger it at night.   I now have 7 cameras as I got two Eufy's yesterday.    All work well, both in bandwidth and notifications except this one Pro 4.   And it does everything but provide a notification or a video when triggered by motion.   Yet it shows it is sensitive to motion on the sensitivity test.     Puzzling.   I am working with support, but at this point I am going to simply trash the camera.   I know having 67% failure on a 3 camera purchase is not normal or Arlo would be bankrupt, but sometimes the odds get stacked against you.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation