Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Second arlo base station being used to extend range

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Auntie64
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have two base stations to extend range. I. Have an annual subscription for my arlo ultra. But my Arlo Pro 3 seems to want separate subscription. I have 5 cameras total. How can I get the 2 cameras on my Pro 3 to be covered under my already paid for subscription on my Arlo Ultra base? It's all under one account, on the same address. And same router. Why does it show up under two different servicea?
7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The camera subscriptions are per-account, so it shouldn't matter that you have two bases.

You could try contacting support to resolve it:  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Auntie64,

When you say the Arlo Pro 3 seems to want a separate subscription, what do you mean? What are you seeing?

Arlo Pro 3 comes with a 3 month trial subscription that you will see in addition to your existing subscription from the Ultra kit, but this shouldn't result in any negative impact.

JamesC

Auntie64
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any of the cameras put on my Pro 3 show no history. But if I sync the same camera to my Ultra base station history shows up. I only have one account
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Auntie64,

Check your Arlo Smart subscription settings to make sure all of the desired cameras are participating. This can be done by navigating to Settings > Subscription > Manage Cameras

JamesC

issaquah
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have added a sixth Arlo Pro 2 camera to my home. There is no way to place the base station to give a strong signal to all cameras.

From what I read, the best solution is to add a second base station. But I cannot find HOW to add the second base station! Do I just plug it into the same home network as my original station? Does it need to be programmed so the two base stations work together with the six cameras? And which base station should I buy? I have only Arlo Pro two cameras and do not need a siren.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I think this is a dupe post - I answered in the other.

issaquah
Aspirant
Aspirant

thanks!!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation