Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
CarlsJr
Tutor
Tutor

I bought my 5th camera today which is a Pro 3.  i have it connected to my base station and see it.  The issue is that it detects motion but does not record it.   ALL 4 of my other cameras are Pro2 and they have no issue in recording.  What am i doing wrong?

57 REPLIES 57
teutocat
Tutor
Tutor

@AncientGeekVT  wrote:

I think you are up to date.

Maybe up to date, but still faulty.
My Pro 3 (only) system has still the same effect as the thread starter indicated, motion detection (and local recording) is ok, but no cloud recording and no push notifications too.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@teutocat wrote:

@AncientGeekVT  wrote:

I think you are up to date.

Maybe up to date, but still faulty.
My Pro 3 (only) system has still the same effect as the thread starter indicated, motion detection (and local recording) is ok, but no cloud recording and no push notifications too.

Got it.  I was only commenting on the current version of the firmware.

I have not experienced the same problem as far as I can tell.  I’m away now, so I can’t see the local recordings to confirm.  I did notice some deer tracks in the fresh snow in front of one of my Pro 2 cameras on a Pro 2 base and I don’t appear to have a recording of that deer walking by the camera as I normally would.  I wonder if there is a cloud recording problem that is not specific to the Pro 3. Now that we can review local recordings in the app (when we are on site) we have more visibility to instances when local recordings are made, but not in the cloud.  I personally never removed a USB stick from my Arlo base to review local recordings.  It was too much of a pain.  Especially since I am monitoring four physical sites and have six base stations as well as five Arlo Q Plus cameras with their own local storage cards.

Boffinboy
Star
Star

Having the exact same issue. 2x Pro 3, recordings often only happen locally and not to cloud. I also have a second issue - notifications are set for people only, but instead I am spammed by notifications for motion as well. This is so frustrating, I bought the pro3 only after they fixed the geofencing issue and it's back to more faults!

Idontknowu
Guide
Guide
Are you using auto zoom and tracking? The smart features don't really work on that.
Boffinboy
Star
Star

@Idontknowu wrote:
Are you using auto zoom and tracking? The smart features don't really work on that.

Nope, not using either. Seemed to work OK initially, doesn't any more.

JHINDMAN675
Guide
Guide
I’m having the same issue. All my recordings are showing up locally. But not all are showing up on the cloud. Very frustrating.
CurbAppeal
Star
Star

Firmware upgrade did not resolve the issue.  Continue to have cameras indicate motion but they won't record.  Also have issue where the camera won't connect at all at random times.  This system is completely unreliable.  I have had so many issues where I needed a camera and it fails.  

JHINDMAN675
Guide
Guide
Still happening. No solution yet
Discussion stats