Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro3 detects motion but does not record to library and there is no record button while live steaming

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Diegosan
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of 04/30/2020 my Arlo Pro 3 started failing.  It detects motion but does not record it. I also don't have the option to manually record the video anymore on this camera. These are some questions you might have:

1. I have other 3 cameras they are all working fine

2. This camera is the closest one to the base station, about 10-15 feet

3. BaseStation info, Hardware:VMB4500r2 S/n:5K319A7NA07F5 Firmware:1.16.1.3_3305_1a608c1

4. Camera info, Hardware:H9 S/N: A2X1997GA00EE Firmware:1.060.10.18_749_4b65ff8

I've also attached a screenshot from an iphone showing the missing record option in live steaming.

I noticed a similar issue in this forum: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-3/Pro3-detects-motion-but-does-not-record/m-p/1745799 

But looks like I didnt get the fix in this release.

Regards

Diego

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Diegosan,

For Arlo Pro 3 to save recordings to the cloud, it needs an active subscription. Is there an Arlo Smart subscription active for the Arlo Pro 3 camera that is not recording?

JamesC

Diegosan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have a 128 USB drive hooked to the base station. My intention is to use local storage. My current selections in Storage Settings are:

Record Locally = True

Storage Status = Ready

Best Local Recording = True

Overwrite Automatically = True

Thanks for the help

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Diegosan,

Manual recordings cannot be made to local storage. To view the recordings made to local storage, you must remove the storage device and view from a PC, these will not appear in the library (the library displays cloud recordings only).

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation