Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Cummon Arlo , both me and my father having the same issue yesterday and today in the UK, getting loads of notifications but random cameras actually not recording.
We have both restarted hubs with no change.
These are not cheap cameras and i feel like I've purchased cheap!
300 REPLIES 300
dcfox1
Master
Master

@Kaynadian  I have seen posts about about interference from robot vacuums on devices and can picture that.  I never had the motion at base notification but I thought it was fixed for some that were getting it. 

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@dcfox1 

Thank you! I put my robot vacuums at spots that I didn't think would interfere with my cameras (far away), and I checked the internet connection and was fine (but again, not a pro at this). It isn't close to my base station (completely different floor). I have a week of little to no issue until this morning.

I thought the base notification was fixed too, but I had the issue on Saturday morning. 

Do your cameras ever miss motion or any issues? May I ask what your internet speed is? I'm just trying to figure out to make sure it's not my internet speed issue.

dcfox1
Master
Master

No issues but some quirks once and  while. The problems I had like activity zones have been resolved , yea not perfect and I may miss a recording rarely. My internet goes down for about 5 minutes several times a day and that is usually the problem. I get the amber death light but all internet is down and it comes back. My download is 300 and upload is 12 but varies. 

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you! My download is around ~200 mbps and like yours, my upload is variable. Could range around ~50 to ~100 mbps. But I have had lower than 50 mbps upload. Thanks for the note! Will keep an eye out and see. I had a pretty good week last week and then the base notification issue started Saturday, and this morning that camera just decided it wasn't going to notify me at all. Would rather see the base notification issue than no notification/recording!

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Well you definitely don't have internet speed issues,mines 54mbs down and 13mbs up which is plenty so yours is super super fast.
Are you sure your Arlo smart prescription hasn't run out? Just incase that's why nothing records now.
Arlo actually contacted me after reading my posts, I had all the evidence in terms of videos and sent them to them, but guess what? When I renewed my membership all my past videos disappeared!!!!!
I'm at my Whit's end with this system
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Your Arlo system requires the following:

A high-speed Internet connection to sustain the following average bandwidth use per camera:
Arlo Ultra cameras: 3 Mbps upload per camera
Arlo Pro 3 and Video Doorbell: 2 Mbps upload per camera
All other Arlo cameras: 1 Mbps upload per camera
An Internet router with an available Ethernet port if you are using an Arlo SmartHub or base station.
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Taken from Arlo website
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 

My free trial expired Saturday, so I signed up with paid subscription on Friday. But Saturday I started having the base notification issue. Then today, that base notification disappeared (and that camera just decided it wasn't going to notify me at all). So, nope, I moved to the paid subscription a day earlier to ensure it continued. 

Me too! I feel like this is testing my patience. Did Arlo fix your issues though? (other than your previous videos that I'm sorry to hear disappeared :()

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

I just want that camera to record normally again! Or at least record!

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Kaynadian What motion is happening when you say it should record today?

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Nope no fix and now no response since Saturday, my night vision on various days/cameras works when it wants to!
Paying for a service I promised myself I wouldn't pay for until it's working but feel I have no choice! We should at least be reimbursed for this.
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@dcfox1 

Everything. Ranging from me walking by the camera, to cars, to everything. I walk by and it doesn't detect it at all. 😞

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 

Me too!!! I'm going to have to submit/re-open my case again. Please keep me posted on your case and if you hear back, thank you!

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Will do
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

Thank you! I'll keep you posted on my case too!

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Thanks, the only thing that still seems fixed is the activity zones
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Kaynadian  

I had one of my cameras to stop recording also Sat., I could make it record manually but that's all. I went into the mode/rules setting and deleted that camera then reinstalled it. Everything works fine now.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
That's what I find myself doing when that happens and when I have this issue with night vision, lasts a while but...
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 agreed! That's all I noticed too, and also the notifications with no library recording seems to be gone too, but then the other issues persist.

@K80Shooter Thank you very much! I will try that! I thought I was the only one experiencing this issue.

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Oh and just to add to all the excitement 2 of my cameras recording in green this morning until I turned them off and on!
Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
More troubles, so Arlo support have stopped contacting me since Saturday, and my front camera has failed to record me twice today but sent me both notifications to tell me there was motion! Smart is still off!
Can't believe I'm actually having to pay for this service!!!!!!!!
K80Shooter
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@Shaun1234 

It seems that you've made the list...…….. either the do not call or the ignore list.

All joking aside, I feel that they rushed this camera to market without doing all the needed testing and are using us to help trouble shoot everything. Or maybe this is their 1st attempt at a camera after being split off from netgear. Either way it seems that they have a real lemon with this one so far.

I found that I got more false notifications and missed things with the smart feature off. Also most but not all of my base station notifications came with the smart feature turned off. I have nothing but people set for my notifications but still get a lot of motion notifications also, mainly at night.

I have also noticed that I miss all small animal recordings at night. It only records my cats during daylight or dusk hours even when I know that they have been in front of one of my cameras.

Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

@Shaun1234 Try asking JamesC from Arlo to give you a status update to your case number. I had to do that about 2-3 times and then the agent would automatically follow up more frequently via phone and email.

@K80Shooter Same here! I noticed it is missing small animals too (lol where I live we have a herd of rabbits all the time running around in the evenings). When I tried turning off smart for one camera, it completely ignored everything ranging from people, rabbits, dogs, wind, everything despite the sensitivity at 100.

In short, I agree, I think this camera was rushed. Either the camera, or the base updates/cloud updates. I had Arlo Pro 2 before, and I thought it was good (unless it had issues that I missed which I am now skeptical about). I upgraded to the Pro 3 as I wanted the light during the evenings. 

Shaun1234
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Thought it would be quicker and easier to ask you guys rather than start a new forum as we seem to have similar issues, does anyone ever have issues with night vision? Either it recording with a dark picture ( night vision not working at all) or a delay in night vision ( the first few seconds are dark then all of a sudden the night vision decides to start working).
Thanks
Kaynadian
Luminary
Luminary

For me, I experience the delay in night vision (i.e. first few seconds are dark then the light comes as soon as it detects motion to record). I have noticed that one of my cameras is located in a spot where it is ultra dark, so unless the light is on, it's impossible to see far. But at another spot, without the light, it functions normally (i.e. you can still see black and white). So I think this may be normal? It was like that for my Pro 2s too, and was dependent on where I put the camera.

Discussion stats