Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Plank22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, New subscription but getting the following error. Battery is full and it is connected to power.

Got "CVR is currently disabled" error message for not connecting to AC power?

12 REPLIES 12
Dannybear
Master
Master
What app are you using when you get the error message, arlo mobile app or using the arlo web portal in pc browser?
Plank22
Aspirant
Aspirant

App, I do not see that issue though browser but the camera is also not recoding at all. Why?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Plank22 wrote:

App, I do not see that issue though browser but the camera is also not recoding at all. Why?

Are you using the outdoor charging cable, or the indoor one to supply power?

You need the outdoor (9 volt) charger for this with the floodlight.

Plank22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Outdoor.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Plank22 wrote:

Outdoor.

Are you seeing the normal lightning bolt on the battery icon?

Was CVR ever working correctly with the camera?

Plank22
Aspirant
Aspirant

I do not see the lighting bolt on this camera. All others yes. No just signed up for the service on this camera 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If no lightning bolt in the battery icon, the charger isn't connected or is faulty. Try wiping the contacts on both the cable and the camera and then try wiggling the connector as it snaps into place. Ya gotta have that lightning bolt for CVR to work.

Plank22
Aspirant
Aspirant

How can that be if the battery is at 100%?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ah, the icons seem to have changed over time with a full battery not showing a connection. You might want to test this by disconnecting power and triggering a bunch of recordings and live viewing so the battery depletes some. Then connect power again to verify.

In addition, check Settings, Subscription to verify that the camera is actually enabled for CVR.

Dannybear
Master
Master
Don’t rely on the arlo web app for battery status icons or percentages, it has issues.

Use the mobile app.
Plank22
Aspirant
Aspirant

This still is not working. What 9 volt charger do I need and cable? Part numbers please

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Plank22 wrote:

This still is not working. What 9 volt charger do I need and cable? Part numbers please

The charger is integrated into the cable.  The end of the part number (the NAS bit) might be different if you are not in North America.

Discussion stats
  • 12 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation