Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Why am I not getting color?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Scmoxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

What’s happened to color videos at night? They’re all In night vision mode. 
Before it was the spotlight not wanting to work while view live in 2k video. After complaining to Arlo support that finally started working. Now, I have no color when I tap on the flashlight icon streaming live. Yes everything is on, The color slider is enabled, the night vision enabled, everything is correct just like the factory setting but the crazy camera want show me color!

is this just a fluke and will work itself out? I can’t keep climbing ladders to reset my cameras anymore. Has this happened to you too?

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you able to provide a screenshot of the image you see when the spotlight is on? You can private message me if you like.

Scmoxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

image.jpg

 as you can see, the flash light is moved all the way up. The lights are landscape lights. I have always been able to view live with color. This is the side view. I tested the back cam and it recorded in color but I can not view in color. I have tried all 4 camera and none will show me color. I have had landscape lights off and still won’t show me color 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the Color toggle on in the camera video settings?

Scmoxy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, the color is enabled and switched on. All of the settings are the same as factory settings.  Nothing has been disabled

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It could be a faulty camera. One thing to try before using Settings, Support to initiate a ticket for a possible RMA is to bring the camera into a dark room so you can test it out. It would also be useful to remove it from your account and then add it back to see if that makes a difference.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation