Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Aro Pro3 camera will connect to base, but no video connection.

Discussion stats
TheLoneXY
Star
Star

I have a 3 camera Arlo Pro 3 system.  2 cameras work as expected. 
Camera 3 just stopped detecting motion and connecting to video feed.  On the "Position your Arlo Camera" step of the ios Mobile add device screen, the "video bandwidth just spins and says connecting.  I am within 2 feet of the base station. 

I have connected Arlo support, we tried all official ideas. drop and re-add device. Factory reset.  I have purchased a new battery.  All have yield same results. 

I am reaching out to community for some possible ideas.  I am 3 weeks past my warranty date, how convenient.  So I am left with buying a new camera, or finding a ad-hoc fix for this.

I am open to just about anything.

78 REPLIES 78
Pslaboch
Tutor
Tutor

This is my second post which by the way is a year later with the same issue.  The only thing I can add is that I got a battery alert that it was below 15% but I have them on solar chargers.  Never had a low battery alert before. 

Balenz1
Initiate
Initiate

I have the Pro 3 system with the base and have been dealing with this for about a year now. The first of the three cameras failed shortly after warranty time was up. I tried everything listed in here and other areas of the forum with no success (Software updates, Factory reset of Hardware, remove and reinstall, etc., etc.). In the end, I put the defective camera away and relocated a camera from elsewhere that was not as important to me for the house. Now I have had the second camera fail. Exact same challenges. It lights up, clicks, charges, shows battery status and everything else in the App. What it doesn't do is provide any type of image or video in any of the areas. Just shows connecting until it times out. My neighbor has a full ring system and has only had one problem. He said they took great care of him in helping with the problem. I am thinking Arlo is too big to worry about our issues that seem to be created from their planned obsolescence. Two years out and 33% of my cameras are still working. I think what’s most frustrating for me is that this seems to clearly be a software issue. Overall I like the design of the cameras, their mounting options and the APP functionality but if they cant keep these things running for a reasonable lifespan then it’s hard to want to remain a customer of theirs. If anybody has found the magic is for this it’d be much  appreciated. 

djmeister
Initiate
Initiate

Biggest con ever do not buy this rubbish you might as well throw £1000 in the bin 6 months battery lucky if you get 6 days after 6 month no WiFi no fix just a waist of money should be taken of the market

idahobountyhunt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 6 of them and at two different location, and I purchased them 1 year apart. The funny thing I have all of mine on solar panels. The camera said it was not charging, pulled it down and tested the solar panel and it was sending out 8.3 volts. manually charged the Camera and nothing, all the same issues as others have posted. I have reset the base and the cameras with no change. The cameras work part time and then nothing.

Funny thing the system at my other home has one camera doing the same thing. It makes me wonder if the batch or batch design has a flaw. I would hope that they stand up behind their product. Or it is time for the stockholders feel a pinch and people start selling their stocks.