Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
TheLoneXY
Star
Star

I have a 3 camera Arlo Pro 3 system.  2 cameras work as expected. 
Camera 3 just stopped detecting motion and connecting to video feed.  On the "Position your Arlo Camera" step of the ios Mobile add device screen, the "video bandwidth just spins and says connecting.  I am within 2 feet of the base station. 

I have connected Arlo support, we tried all official ideas. drop and re-add device. Factory reset.  I have purchased a new battery.  All have yield same results. 

I am reaching out to community for some possible ideas.  I am 3 weeks past my warranty date, how convenient.  So I am left with buying a new camera, or finding a ad-hoc fix for this.

I am open to just about anything.

78 REPLIES 78
Honestreviewer
Guide
Guide

What was the outcome because I have this exact same issue and this odd unacceptable

TheLoneXY
Star
Star

The update didn’t solve a thing.

Still does not work. It is currently back in the box collecting dust.

Garlic2022
Star
Star

Just had same type of issue when attempting to reactivate my camera.  After the base recognized the pro 3 camera and the spinning would not stop, I removed battery and reinserted it, then it actual connected and all was good. You might try that.

TheLoneXY
Star
Star

Thank you.

that has been done and tried more times than I can count.

I even went as far as to buy a new battery.

Garlic2022
Star
Star

Retry it.. but when spinning starts and wont stop, while it is spinning pull out battery and reinstall it. It worked for me, spinning stopped and It connected.

Garlic2022
Star
Star

Did you pull out and reinstall battery while it was spinning?

TheLoneXY
Star
Star

I did not. BUT can you explain at what point in the process you pulled battery? You mentioned “when it starts spinning”…

im willing to try it.

Garlic2022
Star
Star

Well, I never timed it, I pulled it out after I felt it was not going to stop spinning.. guessing at between 1 to 2 minutes. 

TheLoneXY
Star
Star

Was it after it was connected to base? Mine connects to base, but when it attempts to show video so that you can position it, live never loads. Camera is then connected to base and shows, but Live view does not work.

Garlic2022
Star
Star

Mine is b4 camera actual show it being ready to perform any video image..it is connected to base but not finalized enough to show it being ready to display any  video image  .....once I do the pull and reinsert battery it then shows a working camera prepared to do its thing.

BMCool
Guide
Guide

Same exact issue on my Arlo Pro 3. Multiple resets, reboots, etc but while I can see power levels and add/remove it to the base station its video bandwidth is zero and refuses to show me anything other than what I suppose is the last thing it ever saw. 

Is there a fix for this?

Garlic2022
Star
Star

Trying rebooting wifi modem FIRST and after wifi is running then reboot your arlo base

TheLoneXY
Star
Star

Don’t bother. 
none of the resetting will work. No matter the sequence or order of events. It’s a failure of the hardware or software on the device. I’m starting to question whether Arlo knows there is an issue because they have discontinued the Pro 3 cameras. 

TheLoneXY
Star
Star

So now Arlo raises price from 9.99 to 12.99 and still won’t honor or fix their broken hardware. Shameful. I’m tempted to sell my Arlo units and go with Ring.

johnandrade26
Initiate
Initiate

I personally think Arlo did this on purpose it happens everytime after the warranty period and all the same issue. Mine still shows the video picture from 360 days ago. I have all three of my cameras doing this which pisses me off since i went and bought three solar panels, an arlo doorbell, a baby arlo, & interior camera and know the main reason for purchasing this device donst even work and Arlo could care less!!!!!

Honestreviewer
Guide
Guide

I totally agree. The next thing that occurs with these cameras, I will be getting rid of arlo. I am expecting it will be with their flood lights. I'm done with them!!!

JPPhotography
Initiate
Initiate

Funny to see this thread. I created an account on here just to chime in. I have a whole arlo 3 pro camera set. Four cameras and one floodlight. The first thing to go was the floodlight, now two out of the other four cameras are doing the same thing. Arlo, the least you can do is respond!

Honestreviewer
Guide
Guide

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Arlo does nothing except offer a discount on expensive new cameras for their lack of doing anything about their defective ARLO 3 cameras. The cameras don't work, don't work with the new arlo secure app and don't have support. UNACCEPTABLE! Is anyone interested in a class action? There are TONS OF PEOPLE to prove it is a known issue they ignore. A discount is nothing. I paid good money for many cameras that are paper weights. I should not have to buy more cameras to replace theirs i bought not long ago. This unacceptable ripoff is in a "CLASS" by itself. just wrong. Anyone else feel other "ACTION" need to be taken? 

Brew56
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same exact issue, camera connected to bay station video is frozen, unable to see live video on two cameras. Factory Reset bay station deleted camera. This all started after firmware upgrade. This is a Arlo caused issue

Jess1222
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is doing the same thing 

Jess1222
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing happened to me. I got a 30% discount code- there is no fix.

BMCool
Guide
Guide

Yeah, so after 2+ months of "troubleshooting" this issue and getting my support case in before the warranty was actually up, the only thing they offered me was 30% off a replacement unit. 3 Cam kit bought 1/22, ticket logged for the issue 12/22, only for them in 2/23 to tell me tough luck. 

This company doesn't care about it's customers nor stands behind their products, so i'm buying a replacement system from another vendor and throwing this junk on eBay. 

If i were you or anyone looking through this forum, I'd look to switch to another solution as the earliest possible opportunity. Really wish i had known this all ahead of time but its on the folks who've been burned to help other folks not get burnt by Arlo. Advise people who are looking for a security solution for their home that they need to go to another vendor. 

Schmodawg1
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the exact same problem.  Started about 4 weeks ago, both my doorbell and one Pro 3 stopped working.  I have an Ultra camera which still works fine.  I was able to uninstall and re-install the doorbell and get it working again but no luck with the Pro 3 camera.  It connects to base station no problem, but cannot connect during camera positioning test or get video feed.  I will call Arlo customer service but based on the other replies here I don't hold out much hope.  

bandb87
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem here.  Did anyone have success fixing it?

I have invested in 4 cameras and doorbell.  I can’t believe they won’t fix them! 

TheLoneXY
Star
Star

Nope, consider them broken forever. Been over a year and nothing but crickets from Arlo on the matter.

After MONTHS of troubleshooting, They gave me a 30% code and said buy a new one.