Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Nja494
Guide
Guide

1 have the new pro 3 cameras (4 of them) and 2 security lights.often times the cameras detect motion but I get no recorded footage in the library.  In the app I see the “just now” with a snap shot of the camera view but then there is no video footage recorded.  I also have rules set four my lights.  For example if light detects motion then record video on front door camera.  When the light is activated by motion the camera records but the footage is not viewable in the library.  It is viewable from the local USB back up though.  So the only way to view the footage caught when my lights activate are to pull the USB device from the hub and view on my computer.  Kinda defeats the purpose if you can’t view the footage when you are away from the house.  Any help would be appreciated.

68 REPLIES 68
phildoc
Star
Star
Thanks, I just got a call from Arlo. It sounded like the same tech I talked to yesterday and he said that the pro3 is not compatible with the VM4000r3 like they advertised. He suggested I upgrade my base station. I’ll probably try the flash drive a see how it works. If I’m not happy with that solution I’ll probably just send back the camera.
annlou
Star
Star
This is not true! My pro 3 worked on my old base for more than a month until it stopped working on December 16th. they're trying to force people to buy a new base so they don't have to solve an issue they just created.
phildoc
Star
Star
that wouldn’t surprise me a bit.
J007
Guide
Guide
I HAVE SAME problem 😞
I am on 2 x Pro2 camera with Pro2 Base station VMB4000r3 and I just added Pro3 camera into the family, it came with 3 months free trial plan and I m on that , I’m on all default mode when im on ARMED it detected motion BUT it never record any footage in library?????? 99 times out of 100 times I got BLANK no videos in library and there was 1 time I got this at below screenshot with a X button but cannot play

I’m Extremely disappointed of Pro3 and I might return entire products switch to another brand

Please help me 😞
J007
Guide
Guide
100% Same issue as you
mdechgan
Guide
Guide
The firmware update made the VMB4000 obsolete. The update made the base station unable to upload 2k
phildoc
Star
Star
What? Are you saying the firmware update that was automatically done when I installed the pro3 made my base station unable to work with the pro3
phildoc
Star
Star
How do you know this?
annlou
Star
Star

I would have to agree. I found this on another thread.

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-3/Arlo-pro-3-not-recording-to-library/m-p/1747148/highlight/t...

It works but now footage on the cloud is not recording in 2k.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the confirmation and detailed information on the issue. I've opened and escalated a ticket on this. I will provide more information as soon as I am able.

JamesC

phildoc
Star
Star
Great thanks for the info. Like you I’m know able to get notices and video. Thanks again
phildoc
Star
Star
Does anyone know what resolution the camera is recording at with this workaround
phildoc
Star
Star
Never mind I was able to backtrack up the tread and find it. Thanks
Mike_Bellucci
Star
Star

You're welcome for the work around AnnLou and Phildoc. 

Yes the resolution is limited to 1080.  

I just hope this is only a temporary fix until  Arlo support figures out the bug and corrects what ever issue it may be.

JamesC, it does concern me that I did open a formal case with tech support, was assigned a ticket number last Saturday and have heard absolutely nothing from anyone at support.

Warm Regards and Happy Holidays

Mike B

Nja494
Guide
Guide
I was contacted back in October by James C. Still no luck. They said the engineers are working on it. I don’t think they really care that much.
Nja494
Guide
Guide
For what it’s worth I don’t think the base station has anything to do with it. I have the vmb4540r2 that came with 4 pro 3 cameras as a package and I still have the same problem. I will try turning on auto zoom/tracking and see if that works.
phildoc
Star
Star
I got a call today from arlo support to tell me about this work around. She also told me there’s going to be a firmware update for the 4000r3 base station that’s supposed to be out after the first of the year. It’s supposed to take care of this issue.
Mike_Bellucci
Star
Star

PhilDoc

Arlo called you with a work around?  Can you please let us know what it is?

phildoc
Star
Star
Sorry for the confusion. Arlo called me to tell me about the work around in this thread. Nothing new except the firmware update.
annlou
Star
Star
Activity zones don't seem to work with the work around. Yesterday I got notifications with every passing car and person outside the zone.
Let's hope that after the first means early January.
ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

So here's my problem with my Arlo Pro 3 camera not recording.

I had my Arlo system with 5 pro cameras and local USB backup originally and everything worked great. I decided to add a new Arlo Pro 3 camera to my system. I added the new Pro 3 camera and it worked great. I was pretty happy with how smooth everything went. Then for some reason on December 22nd the last video I ever got from my Pro 3 camera was at 6:37pm CST. Since then I see no more recordings from my Pro 3 camera. Probably just a coincidence, but earlier on 12/22 around 3pm CST, I had added an Arlo video doorbell to my system, but from 3pm until 6:37pm, I had everything working and was getting video recordings from everything.

So now my Pro 3 camera will:

• It will sense motion, I can see it on the devices page.
  • It will sense motion and turn on the led light.
  • I can watch live video from the camera.
  • I can manually take a picture and they show up in my library
  • I can manually record videos and they show up my library.  

Now if only it would sense motion and record it to my library.

What's everyone's favorite workaround to try to get the camera to record?

Capnhank_93
Aspirant
Aspirant

Following.

Sreenadh
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yeah my arlo pro 3 doesnt record either unless tracking is turned on.
I dont know who works for arlo on their technically team but something always doesnt work when they update stuff! I am still waiting on a fix to be able to add and remove cameras to the old CVR plan that I am still on. They removed the managed cameras status section and added manage cameras which doesnt let you manage the CVR cameras

Anyways that and the lack of recording for the Arlo Pro 3 is extremely frustrating
ArloWatcher
Luminary
Luminary

It seems as if Arlo really doesn't care about this problem they have created. Wish they would reply to these postings with some news or updates. I'll give them a week to get some progress before I return my new Pro 3 camera. No reason to keep it if it doesn't work as intended.

cdow603
Tutor
Tutor
Really hoping for the firmware update in the new year, too... having to use a workaround isn’t ideal.
Discussion stats