Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
theconnect81022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have granted access to another user to see my devices. That user has accepted the invite, but no cameras are showing in the feed/dashboard.

FYI:

• The added user has the new interface on their Apple phone.
  • I have the old interface on my laptop browser and Android mobile phone.
  • I tried reinstalling the apps on both phones and sending access to the new users. Once accepted, still no cameras.
  • Also, the users have been given rights to the cameras.
  • Please see the attached screenshots.

Any suggestions or ideas that could help?

Thanks!

Arlo-Web-Portal-Smart-Home-Security.png

Arlo-Web-Portal-Smart-Home-Security (1).png

Arlo-Web-Portal-Smart-Home-Security (2).png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@theconnect81022 wrote:

Hello,

I have granted access to another user to see my devices. That user has accepted the invite, but no cameras are showing in the feed/dashboard.

FYI:

You need to migrate your interface to feed.  Note there are bugs and limitations with Feed at the moment, and unfortunately you cannot revert back to the old interface after you migrate.

The workaround to force migration is to go into "add device", and then add either a Pro 5s camera or a home security system.  Of course that will fail, because you don't own either.  But the process will migrate you to feed.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@theconnect81022 wrote:

Hello,

FYI:

You need to migrate your interface to feed.  Note there are bugs and limitations with Feed at the moment, and unfortunately you cannot revert back to the old interface after you migrate.

The workaround to force migration is to go into "add device", and then add either a Pro 5s camera or a home security system.  Of course that will fail, because you don't own either.  But the process will migrate you to feed.

theconnect81022
Aspirant
Aspirant

This worked! Thank you!

Tjb2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have arlo pro 2 and same issue.  But use received the notifications of movement,  but can't see cameras 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tjb2019 wrote:

I have arlo pro 2 and same issue.  But use received the notifications of movement,  but can't see cameras 

If your account shows "Library" as a menu option, and the friend's account shows "Feed", then you need to migrate your account to "Feed".  My earlier post on this thread tells you how to do that.

Tjb2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't know where to see that and his app does nothing and is telling him to add cameras..  like he is a brand new user.     No one wise had to do that

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tjb2019 wrote:

I don't know where to see that

No rocket science involved. Just look at the main screen of the app. 

See if yours has choices for "Dashboard" and "Feed" or whether it has a choice for "Library".  Then check the main screen of his account.

Odds are, you are seeing "Library" while he is seeing "Feed".  If that's the case, you need to use the workaround I posted above - migrating your account to "Feed".

Tjb2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't know where to see that when I open the app. I see my cameras settings settings doesn't offer anything like that so where is that

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tjb2019 wrote:

I don't know where to see that when I open the app.

Sigh...  Menu choices are at the bottom of the main app screen.

Here's a screen shot with Feed (my cameras are blacked out):

feed.png

And here is "Library":

library.png

Tjb2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Screenshot_20230401_083948_Arlo Secure.jpg

Tjb2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just uploaded a screenshot I don't have that

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tjb2019 wrote:

I just uploaded a screenshot I don't have that

I don't know what you mean by "that".  But your screenshot clearly shows Library.  

lib2.png

The next step is to confirm that the added user sees "Feed".

Tjb2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

image000000.jpg

 hesees this

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tjb2019 wrote:

 he sees this

Which clearly shows "Feed".

So you do need to migrate your account to use "Feed".  There are some bugs and limitations with Feed, and you cannot go back to Library if you don't like it.

The process is to use "add device" on your app/account, and then start to add a Pro 5s camera or a Home Security system.  That will fail, because you don't have one of those devices.   But the process will convert your user interface to "Feed".

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation