Floodlight Randomly Staying On

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have an odd issue where at night, there are times when no motion is detected and the floodlight will turn on by itself and stay on until I discover it and turn it off. It’s really annoying because even though I have it plugged in, the light being on at full blast for a while starts to drain it. It makes no sense to me why it will just randomly turn on and stay on, since there’s not even an option for that!
Model: FB1001 | Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

Try removing and resyncing the floodlight.

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried that. This is actually my second floodlight because the first had dust under the lens cover causing blurriness. I even bought a brand new Netgear Nighthawk router for better range, which provides a strong signal at all times. It’s just so random and annoying. Going to bed and realizing the light has been on for an hour is really bothersome and I’m sure the neighbors aren’t happy.
Model: FB1001 | Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight
Highlighted
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store (again) or use the Contact Support link at the bottom here.

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

Have had this issue too. It's plugged in so not a big deal but still annoying as it goes off right by my bedroom window.

Also, I have Smart alert settings for people only and I still get bugs and spider webs triggering it at like 30% sensitivity 

Highlighted
Initiate
Initiate
Discovered I have the same issue this evening! Very annoying, looks to be a flaw with the product, hoping Arlo knows about this issue and release a firmware update!
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
I hope they do something because it works pretty well now except for that. The fact that it can be on for hours is troubling and could be shortening the life of the lights and battery.
Highlighted
Initiate
Initiate
Agreed. Now makes me worry about what my floodlight is doing in the middle of the night while I sleep! Might have to put it in its lowest brightness if it keeps happening to avoid disturbing the public or my neighbour...
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

The development team is investigating reports of this issue. I will reach out to each of you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Highlighted
Luminary
Luminary

I should add that mine seems to do it when I open the app to go in and arm another base station the floodlight is not connected to.

Soon as I open the app, the motion guy goes off and the light turns on. There's nothing triggering it as it does this every time at night when I open the app.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation