Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 54 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation
gmace001
Guide
Guide
I have an odd issue where at night, there are times when no motion is detected and the floodlight will turn on by itself and stay on until I discover it and turn it off. It’s really annoying because even though I have it plugged in, the light being on at full blast for a while starts to drain it. It makes no sense to me why it will just randomly turn on and stay on, since there’s not even an option for that!
54 REPLIES 54
gmace001
Guide
Guide
A replacement unit will just do the same thing. This isn’t my first floodlight and they’ve both done it. I’ve cooperated with the tests I’ve been asked to perform and been very patient, but this is months now with nothing. It’s unacceptable. I’m going to ask for a refund I think.
gmace001
Guide
Guide
This thing was stuck on for so long last night that my battery is at 60% right now. Time for me to go drop some reviews on popular sites and do some social media posting. People need to know that this camera is garbage that will not only fail to notify them properly, but also have the LED’s die prematurely from being overused. The lack of a fix by now is disgusting.
JehovasFitness
Luminary
Luminary

Similar here. First few months I had it the battery lasted a LONG time. Now I charge and a week later 50% drain.

gmace001
Guide
Guide
Mine dropped that low overnight plugged in! Can you imagine? It’s absolutely insane. We should be getting offered something for this complete failure.
MagnusFW
Aspirant
Aspirant
So I purchased my Floodlight yesterday, mounted it today and now we have started experiencing the same issues as reported in this thread. Unless an Arlo representative provides a status report on the mitigation of this issue, we will claim for a refund from where we purchased it in a few days from now.
Discussion stats
  • 54 Replies
  • 8 Likes
  • 11 In Conversation