Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight turns off each night

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JJWSport1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Each night, sometime around midnight both of my Arlo pro three flood lights turn off. They do not go off line. They just turn off. Every morning, I have to go into the app and click on the device on at which point the floodlight and camera functions until the next morning when it goes turns off again without explanation.

Both cameras have an external power cord, as well as strong Internet connections. I have tested Arlo ultra 2 at the same location connected to the same smart hub without issue.

All the cameras in my home work just fine on the network, except these two floodlights.  Has anyone else experienced this type of trouble?

I have contacted Arlo tech-support on numerous occasions and they’re just absolutely useless.

6 REPLIES 6
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Might be worth trying a workaround to turn the arlo floodlights on again after midnight using the schedule.

Be aware that schedule events end at 1159pm and will not cross over midnight. You need to add another event from midnight to the morning off time. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JJWSport1 When viewing the devices in the app they are showing as disabled/Device On tab is off in the device settings? 

JJWSport1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that, but I'm not having a problem with the device disarming.  The camera in the "Device settings tab", "Device ON" automatically slides to the off position.   The flood lights are the only cameras I have this problem with.

JJWSport1
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is correct, can you tell me why this is happening?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @JJWSport1 

Is it possible to try factory resetting one of the cameras to see if that resolves the issue with the camera disabling?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JJWSport1 Are you still experiencing this issue?

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation