Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight stopped charging with outdoor cable after 3 months

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
SeanL7
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight worked perfectly with the 25ft outdoor magnetic charge cable for about 3 months. Never had to take it down to charge the battery. Now all of a sudden it quit working and battery drained to 0%. We had some rain and a temp drop down to the 40's (Fahrenheit). Its supposed to be water and weather proof so I don't see how this could have caused it... I've taken it down and connected it to the USB charger inside and it is charging on that. Any ideas? The whole reason I got this camera is so I can have it continuously charging on the outdoor cable.

4 REPLIES 4
SeanL7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Took another look closely at the magnetic charging points and there is some rust... I think this might be it. Why does Arlo advertise water and weather proof if its going to rust and quit charging? Any ideas on how to safely remove the rust so I can use it again? 

Edzilla1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, I have just had exactly the same issue with a Pro Floodlight 3 camera that was mounted outside using the Arlo 25ft outdoor charging cable. Approx 3 months after installation and after some rain. There is visible oxidation of one of the contacts on the underside of the camera case. I very much agree that this appears to be a design issue for a camera that should work outside.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SeanL7 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Edzilla1

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation