Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight - solar panel

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable
I have the solar panel connect with the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight. Now, the app shows camera offline. But if I unplug the solar panel, the camera back to works again. Why if I plug the solar panel back then the camera not working?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable
I end up get a arlo outdoor charger (25' Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable for Arlo Ultra and Pro 3 Security Cameras), now the camera is charging. THE PROBLEM SOLVED!

(didn’t know they have outdoor charger too, I thought solar panel is the only way to charge outdoor).

Kind of waste money, but at least it’s working now. I don’t know what’s the problem with that new solar panel, i tried every ways people mentioned on the internet but still not working. I feel maybe this product they make from design to charging just not that perfect yet.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Could be a bad panel. Can you try it on another camera? DO you only have the one panel? The fastest resolution may be to swap at the store.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I only have one camera, and the solar panel all new. Now If I plug the solar panel back in to the camera, it’s offline again, not working.
The app shows “Your arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it’s powered on and connected to the internet.”
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd swap at the store.

Retired_Member
Not applicable
I end up get a arlo outdoor charger (25' Outdoor Magnetic Charging Cable for Arlo Ultra and Pro 3 Security Cameras), now the camera is charging. THE PROBLEM SOLVED!

(didn’t know they have outdoor charger too, I thought solar panel is the only way to charge outdoor).

Kind of waste money, but at least it’s working now. I don’t know what’s the problem with that new solar panel, i tried every ways people mentioned on the internet but still not working. I feel maybe this product they make from design to charging just not that perfect yet.
YNOTAB
Aspirant
Aspirant
Try putting the light into the housing and then connecting the magnetic cable. Connecting the cable first will charge the battery but the camera will not function.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation